Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will I be able to run games such as Zelda, Mario etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specs,
Amd Athlon II x3 3ghz
3GB DDR3 ram
Ati Hd 4550
Windows vista 64bit

Will i be able to play games such as zelda, mario etc
mh jeah its possible
maybe you need to overclock a little

your gpu is enough if you play without AA and with 1xEFB
@thehunter678

Which specific games? In case you haven't noticed their are a lot of mario and zelda games. SMG/SMG2 for example will run like mud on that hardware. WW and TP should run fine though.
(01-28-2011, 09:02 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@thehunter678

Which specific games? In case you haven't noticed their are a lot of mario and zelda games. SMG/SMG2 for example will run like mud on that hardware. WW and TP should run fine though.

I was refering to 3D games in general, just tested pokemon rumble since its a small file and that run at 60fps, not the most graphic intense game however. Also whats the main problem with my hardware?

Quote:I was refering to 3D games in general

That's like asking "can my rig run pc games?". It's a broad range. Some GC/Wii games will run fine on a single core athlon64, others won't even run fullspeed on an i7 950 OCed to 4GHz. It's a really big range so it depends on which specific game you're talking about.

Quote:Also whats the main problem with my hardware?

Well your video card is weak. You should still be able to play most games at 640 x 480 with SSAA, pixel lighting, and pixel depth off but some might have slowdowns even at that resolution. A more powerful video card will help you use higher resolutions, efb scales, and SSAA level without slowdowns from a gpu bottleneck.

Your cpu is ok, not amazing but ok. Unfortunately at the moment amd doesn't really have anything that's amazing for dolphin. Bulldozer (coming out later this year) may change that.
(01-29-2011, 03:24 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I was refering to 3D games in general

That's like asking "can my rig run pc games?". It's a broad range. Some GC/Wii games will run fine on a single core athlon64, others won't even run fullspeed on an i7 950 OCed to 4GHz. It's a really big range so it depends on which specific game you're talking about.

Quote:Also whats the main problem with my hardware?

Well your video card is weak. You should still be able to play most games at 640 x 480 with SSAA, pixel lighting, and pixel depth off but some might have slowdowns even at that resolution. A more powerful video card will help you use higher resolutions, efb scales, and SSAA level without slowdowns from a gpu bottleneck.

Yeah I was too broad, i'm thinking along the lines of mario kart, twilight princess , super mario galaxy, super mario sunshine and the pikmin games. Thanks for the help btw.
super mario galaxy - no, it will probably run around 50% speed
super mario sunshine - will probably also have severe slowdowns
twilight princess - will probably run just fine
mario kart - I don't know, I don't have it myself, but based on what I've seen it will probably run at fullspeed most/all of the time
pikmin -fullspeed all the time for sure, that game is very lightweight

Any others?
(01-29-2011, 03:39 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]super mario galaxy - no, it will probably run around 50% speed
super mario sunshine - will probably also have severe slowdowns
twilight princess - will probably run just fine
mario kart - I don't know, I don't have it myself, but based on what I've seen it will probably run at fullspeed most/all of the time
pikmin -fullspeed all the time for sure, that game is very lightweight

Any others?
Well how about Okami, Battle revolution, super smash bros brawl, and the harvest moon games. Thanks again
Don't have any of those so I don't know, I'll let someone else take a stab at those.
I run Brawl at 80% speed on single player, so you should probably run fine, with maybe some fps drop with more than 2 characters on the screen... Harvest moon runs like crap for me, and I have only the GC one anyway, dont know about Okami. Wink

Also you should run Mario Sunshine at 100% with no probems, if you are interested in GC games..
Pages: 1 2