Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Upgraded from an nvidia gtx 285 to gtx 570sc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Absolutely no increase in performance playing metroid other m. My video card is yawning a lot more though, and isn't heating up hardly at all. This game isn't stressing it at all, yet the game still shudders in certain places, usually where the background is very long in the game. Up close levels that don't have a lot usually run fast at 60 fps.

Running dx9 plug-in. Dx11 plug-in produces a severely pixelated image.

Not looking for any help, just and FYI.
Same here. I'm surprised you kept playing. I stopped after about an hour. I'll resume when I stop being lazy and get an older revision.
It's not a gpu-limited game. It's very heavy on the processor, oc to around 3.6 to 4.2ghz.

Then again it seems to lag a bit on any kind of overclock as well so it's not your system at fault.
(01-27-2011, 11:35 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a gpu-limited game. It's very heavy on the processor, oc to around 3.6 to 4.2ghz.

Then again it seems to lag a bit on any kind of overclock as well so it's not your system at fault.

I've got a core i7 that is barely breaking a sweat playing these games. I really wish the devs would add the option to use ALL cores for processing. I mean, I have all this horse power available, and I cant use it! I wish I knew how to code. I'd unlock all processing cores.

It's quite harder than just "unlocking" the cores...
(01-28-2011, 01:13 AM)wetjet Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2011, 11:35 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a gpu-limited game. It's very heavy on the processor, oc to around 3.6 to 4.2ghz.

I've got a core i7 that is barely breaking a sweat playing these games. I really wish the devs would add the option to use ALL cores for processing. I mean, I have all this horse power available, and I cant use it! I wish I knew how to code. I'd unlock all processing cores.

knowing how to code is just one part of it.
knowing how to implement code is another.
I guess all we can do is hope the devs get the wrinkles ironed out in future releases. It is an awesome piece of work so far. Keep up the good work everybody.

Idea Any chance of cuda support in the future?? Idea
My photoshop cs5 sure did speed up with my new 570!
if you have an i7 sell it and get a i2500k and overclock it to 4.4 or 4.5ghz if u really care to do something ..I'm trying to sell my i7 920 OC'd at 3.4ghz to do this
Quote:Any chance of cuda support in the future??

Hell no. A proprietary system being used in dolphin when we have directompute and opencl? *begins laughing*

Not to mention that fact that now that the texture decoders are well optimized for sse cuda/opencl/directcompute is essentially useless for dolphin.

I'm surprised you expected an improvement going from a GTX285 (which is already overkill) to a GTX570 in dolphin.
I take the "Tim the Toolman Taylor" approach on many things.
"More power = more performance"
Not so in the emulation word.

One thing that does fix a lot of the shuttering, if not most of it, is enabling the opencl feature. Fixes the audio sync too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4