Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid TTS Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. So I am a first time user of Dolphin. Anyway, I was bored the other day and I started looking at Emus, and did a search on TTS and found a bunch of youtube videos of people playing it on Dolphin so I decided to try it as well. Im in the beginning of the game, I get to the Darpa Chief and if I try to skip the cinematic (or even if I dont) I get an error stating:

"ERROR: Trying to recompile at 0. LR=00000003"
I hit "Ok", then:
"IntCPU: Unknown instr 01000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 812fffc8 LR = 00000003"

And naturally, Dolphin crashes. I tried like 5 different revisions of Dolphin, 64 and 32 bit, same thing. I've went as far back as R4838, based on some post here on the forums which said "cinematics work". R6571 gave the best results besides the problem at hand, and the newest revisions are slow due to FIFO.... anyway, I am absolutely lost. I want to play this game so bad, I've been sitting here for the last 3 hours going through different settings, Dolphin versions, you name it, Ive done it. Tried OGL, D3D9, D3D11, the 2 recompilers, various other settings, MMU SpeedHack On/Off, Enable MMU... MMU Speedhack off or MMU On won't get past the Konami screen... does anyone have ANY ideas?
Config>Display>untick Use Panic Handlers
(01-26-2011, 06:35 PM)nash679 Wrote: [ -> ]Config>Display>untick Use Panic Handlers

Tried that before, then it just stops responding.
Im sorry, I never mentioned my system specs, they are as follows:

Dell XPS 420
Intel X38 Chipset
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 3.0Ghz (Hard OC)
4 Gb DDR2 800 Mhz Dual Channel RAM
eVGA GeForce GTX 260

Also, I am currently using the PAL version of the game.
Have you enabled MMU or the MMU speed hack? If not, enable either one of those in the game configuration and let us know if it fixes your problem.
(01-27-2011, 10:56 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled MMU or the MMU speed hack? If not, enable either one of those in the game configuration and let us know if it fixes your problem.

The game WILL not work without either MMU or MMU Speedhack, or both enabled, and yes, I messed around with that settings already. At first, I had both selected and it got stuck on the Konami screen, shortly after I figured out that MMU Speedhack is an enhanced version of the MMU so they can't be turned On together, so I switched MMU Speedhack Off and MMU On, game runs way slower, but the problem is still there. I just read through some old threads/posts about MGSTTS, and apparently, enabling Safe Texture Cache will let me get past that point, although I can't confirm because I've been stuck here at the office. I will when I get home, great thanks for showing interest ;-)

PS - The OS X version won't even load the game. I tried different revisions of it as well. It just gets stuck on the Konami screen, I have not tried using MMU rather than MMU Speedhack though. The only recompiler that actually draws the game screen is JIT64.
Sorry, tired and I missed that part in your post.

I tried this game not too long ago and it seemed to work fine, that might of changed in recent revisions though.
Are you talking about trying it in the Windows or OS X Version of Dolphin? Because the game itself runs great in Windows, steady 50 FPS in gameplay with all the bells and whistles turned up. The only thing is, from what I read earlier, it's been crashing on the DARPA Chief cinematic, which again, seems to be fixed with Safe Texture Cache.
My mistake, I thought you were referring to the Windows build of Dolphin. I'm just tired and I skimmed over you're post. The OSX and Linux builds are more unstable than the Windows builds, so if you have a Windows install it's recommended to use that instead for Dolphin for the time being. Most likely there is no way to solve this issue if you've already tried every possible combination of setting, so you will need to wait for the developers to fix it.
Alright sweet. I got past the DARPA Chief cinematic. Safe Texture Cache set to on did it. I am so happy. Has anyone figured out a way to sync the sounds in cinematics though? Im not sure but somewhere along the way of me trying to get my previous problem I ran a version which did not have the sync issue... which one it was, I have no idea...
Pages: 1 2