Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: can you suggest games that require low specs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, im new to dolphin and I downloaded a build for MAC OSX and installed, however when trying to run resident evil zero it runs at just half speed and 10-15 FPS.

Of course I am not specting anything outstanding from a 1.4 core 2 duo 11inch macbook air with nvidia 320m

but seeing how fast it runs call of duty 4 (flawlessly) i was specting at least something a little bit faster specially since it has a (SUPER)fast nand flash memory instead of a HardDrive.

here are my questions

1) which games do you know that do not require a lot of cpu usage? it does not matter if there do not have beautiful graphics, just want to have a game that is fully playable with my below-average processor (both for GC and WII)

2) is out there anyone with a mac who can advise me on how to setup the settings on the OSX build to get the most out ofthe emulator (i saw different settings but all for windows)

3) is the MAC OSX build slower/buggier than the WINDOWS dolphin?, would you recommend booting with windows and installing WINDOWS dolphin to get a better performance, or would it be useless since my cpu is too slow...?

Well thanks for stoping by..

thank for the answers!
1. Here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=6199

2. Use bootcamp

3. Definitely. Use bootcamp.

Just so you know you won't be able to achieve playable performance with nearly all games with that cpu.
Your GPU is better than your CPU, lol. My stock e6300 1.86Ghz Core 2 run games under 30 fps... but i think that was on 1024 x 768 resolution.
wario and supermonkeyball
You can try some WiiWare games, Super Paper Mario.
Thanks a lot for the answers. just so you know im playing zelda wind
waker and I am getting 100%speed indoors and and 70% speed outdoors,
which i personally find pretty good being my mac a well below
avergage 1.4ghz core2duo. with a little frameskipping that is playable
for the casual gamer like me...

ill try booting windows and see if that boosts the speed a little bit
on other games, still havent tried any wii games, even though my first
guess is they will run incredibly slow, maybe ill give them a try
specially just to test how far can (canĀ“t) this cpu go