Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using Dolphin with a Wireless Xbox360 Controller for PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Allright... after about 5 dreadful hours of searching a solution for this i decided to search for help on the Forum. Angel

I want to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my brand new Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, but the only possibility i have is to configure the Pad myself.
I have tried to get a well playable configuration but i failed miserably...
The main Problem for me here is that Dolphin (at least concidering the things i have read online) should have some kind of Default Configuration for Xbox 360 Controllers, will say, it recognises the controller and gives me a playable
Key-Configuration... BUT IT DOES NOT!

The only things i can choose for
GCPad are:
XInput/0/Gamepad
DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse

And for Wiimote it says the same...

(when i turn my Controller off, only shows Keyboard/Mouse, so my Controller gets recognised but NOT as an Xbox360 Controller).

To be sincere i dont even know WHICH one of these two to use (GCPad, or Wiimote?)

I really hope someone can help me out.

Sincerly Snake57
There is no default configuration for any gamepads, configure it yourself. It takes ~30 seconds.
Using basic logic would tell you "XInput/0/Gamepad" refers to your 360 controller.
(01-26-2011, 06:29 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]There is no default configuration for any gamepads, configure it yourself. It takes ~30 seconds.
Using basic logic would tell you "XInput/0/Gamepad" refers to your 360 controller.

Even though i appreciate your help, i do not appreciate your tone please don't be rude.
In comparison to other Emulators i have used Dolphin just ist way more advanced/complicated.

Also, i HAVE realised that "XInput/0/Gamepad" is my Controller, i was just concerned about that it had not been recognised as an Xbox 360 Controller! (Take a look at the Attachment,i found this screenshot while searching for soloutions).

btw. It most certainly does not take just 30 Seconds to get an good Configuration.
The old GCPad used DirectInput to handle 360 controllers.(DirectInput named them "Controller (Xbox 360...)")
Using DirectInput for 360 controllers disables proper support for rumble and both triggers. Hacks were done to use both DInput and XInput together.
The new GCPad config uses just XInput for 360 controllers,(Which does not provide names for individual gamepads) so it is just labeled "Gamepad".

Here's a video showing a 360 controller can be properly configured in 30 seconds. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4JK-v3nm0
(01-26-2011, 07:44 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]. . .

Here's a video showing a 360 controller can be properly configured in 30 seconds. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4JK-v3nm0

Why did you upload this video in slow mo?
@The Video

WoW i have to admit that is pretty incredible ^_^
Well, now as i have an Configuration (THANK YOU) the next Problem ocurred... it seems am "forced" to connect an Nunchuck (or whatever thats called).

I remember having that Problem just before, and kind of disabling it... but i dont think i will be able to play the game normally then...? >.<

Thank you for your help until now Blush
Just select the extension in wiimote config
Just a small tip if you use wireless -
Unless you must have super RSI-inducing rumble, lower the intensity levels in the control config. The batteries get raped pretty fast otherwise.
i have the x360 pad, is very easy to setup with dolphin, also create a profile for when you upgrade the svn
@KHRZ
i did, and well it kind of worked... i got to the main Menu

@Number 28
Thanks Wink but i didn't configure rumble... id rather have more wireless gaming time instead.

@sixor
I allready saved a Profile, thanks =)

Allright, it seems that i finally arrived at the Main menu screen (yeeeeaaah Big Grin)
But unfortunately i can only "Connect" Wii motes, so the gamepad configuration was all for nothing?
The only thing i can do is to press the "a+b button) as instructed at the screen with my right and left Mouse Buttons...
I can keymash all i want on the Controller (yes i tried pressing which seems to be my a+b Button according to my configuration) but NOTHING happens.
Im pretty confused now...
(I have mentioned before that i want to use the Wii Emulation Part, havent i?) because it seemed pretty weird to configure the Controller for GC, when i wanted to play an game for Wii?
Pages: 1 2