Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is my gpu good enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im getting a 460 gtx by gallexy
its the 768 mb 192 bit model

yes i know the 1gb is better but i got this for half the price on newegg

my cpu is good enough its a 3.4 ghx amd phenom II x4 black edition

4 gb ram, 2 channels

580 watt psu

320 gb hd os

320 gb hd purley dolphin with backed up will games,since it should look better than my wii

im not planning on overclocking except maybee if there software for the gpu

so generally speaking do you think this card could handle most games at 1024 x 768 resolution or my moniters max 1440 x 900 resolution
all the effects full, no antiallising

if its not i could later get a second one and run them dualy if u can , and if dolphin support it

it's fine.
(01-25-2011, 12:56 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]it's fine.

ok fine like 1440 x 900 res fine full settings
Yup. It might struggle if you combine integral efb scale with 4xSSAA in SOME games. But most games you should be able to run at that resolution even with integral or fractional scaling with 4xSSAA without any gpu bottlenecks.
yes, mine runs fraction + 4xaa, 1440x900 perfect without oc, only sometimes i have to disable AA on very specific parts playing zelda ww, (with the purple fog and with the temple when water levels arise and get lower
(01-25-2011, 03:48 PM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]yes, mine runs fraction + 4xaa, 1440x900 perfect without oc, only sometimes i have to disable AA on very specific parts playing zelda ww, (with the purple fog and with the temple when water levels arise and get lower

thanks, very helpfull since u have the same cpu and gpu as me