Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I need help on Fatal Frame 4 freeze!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

romanianusa

I am using Dolphin 2.0 and everything run great except when i got to Chapter 4 and fighting a ghost in the basement. As soon as i beat him...the game give me a code "BackPatch - no support for operand size 1" "Error encountered accessing emulated address 21251086...Culprit instruction: movzx eax, byte ptr ds:[rbx+rcx] at 0000000014e1e17f READ: Invalid address: 292518e5

I have try many many times beat him over and over...i do research on the Backpatch glitch...people suggest using JitIL experimental recompiler, the TLB hack, and disable cheat....I DONE IT ALL!! Nothing work man.

People suggest download NEW version but how am i guaranteed that this won't happen again? I mean do anybody really know what the error is about? I don't want to play over again because this game is very freaky.

I used Shift + F function to save the game all the time and notice one time i can't save or overwrite the same F key and it crashes and i lost all save. But i can retreat it by loading from last overwritten stage. But i don't know if this is the problem.

The people who work on this emulator should know exactly what the problem is...i really like this game and want to continue. I even try to replay the same chapter hoping to bypass the glitch...but no avail.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it solved...just enable XFB real will let you bypass the Backpatch glitch! At least for Fatal Frame 4.