Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is the best configuration for my PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These are my specs
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.4 GHz
RAM 2 GB
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Dolphin r6897

I am a newbie. I setup my Dolphin like this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0550ny7B0...r_embedded).
When I play Tatsunoko VS Capcom, I get low speed only while fighting (about 50% speed). I try everything to solve this problem by reading many thread in this forum,but I still cant solve it.
I really need the best configuration for my PC. Help me please.
Thanks for your help.
(Sorry for my bad English)
Post your dolphin configuration settings first.
(01-25-2011, 02:55 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]Post your dolphin configuration settings first.

Now, my configuration is very confuse. Because I try too much changing.
[Image: 35506842.jpg]
Try lowering your resolution (looking at your full screen resolution). Disable emulate format changes and disable, enable cpu efb access. Try setting efb scale to 1x. Overclock your cpu.
Quote:AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.4 GHz

^That's why. Like SS said turn off emulate format changes and OC that cpu.
I don't want to overclock my PC. is there another way?

PS. Now,I am using a configuration that you suggest me (with resolution 1280x720). It performs faster. But, I still want to know another way to do without overclocking my PC.

Thanks for your help again Smile

2015 will be the year for 100% speed in every game Big Grin

2.4GHZ is not enough
understood?
with i7@2.8ghz 40fps...
with i7@3.8ghz 60fps+++
(01-25-2011, 05:01 AM)suankaew Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to overclock my PC. is there another way?

PS. Now,I am using a configuration that you suggest me (with resolution 1280x720). It performs faster. But, I still want to know another way to do without overclocking my PC.

Thanks for your help again Smile

Lower your resolution some more. Otherwise a new/faster/overclocked cpu is the only way. Try other games, some will run fine with that setup. I can play a few games fine with a single core cpu.

(01-25-2011, 05:08 AM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]2015 will be the year for 100% speed in every game Big Grin

2.4GHZ is not enough
understood?
with i7@2.8ghz 40fps...
with i7@3.8ghz 60fps+++

You don't always need an i7 to play games fine. Besides that, I like to think that in the future the hardware needed to play games will go down as the code evolves.
@suankaew

The only other way to to build a better computer.

Quote:Lower your resolution some more. Otherwise a new/faster/overclocked cpu is the only way. Try other games, some will run fine with that setup as the code evolves.

He has a 4850 and he's not using SSAA. Besides you already told him to change efb scale to 1x.

Quote:Besides that, I like to think that in the future the hardware needed to play games will go up

Fixed. Unless you manage to convince all of the devs to abandon accuracy in favor of hacks for everything, thus abandoning the whole point of the project, performance will continue to go down just as it did with all other video game console emulators that I have ever used. But hardware will catch up just as it always has.
Better fifo and dsp code will lower the specs needed to play games in my opinion. The fifo is a huge deal with sending information back and forth and it does not do it properly yet. No one really knows how it's supposed to work.
Pages: 1 2