Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Changing settings for every game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure this has been discussed here a thousand times before.

Having to change the settings every time you want to play a new game is beyond lame. I'm not sure if this is a planned feature for a future version of dolphin, but PLEASE, for the love of Pete! The config settings need to be moved, and integrated into each game, so you configure it once, and leave it alone. I find myself trying to get the game configured more than I'm playing the game. UGH!!! Angry

truedoogie

I have a solution to this problem. What I do is I configure Dolphin how I want for a game, and once it's running perfect, I copy the folder that that dolphin is running from, paste it somewhere else, and rename it after the game and add HD on it. So for example, I get Brawl to work perfectly, I copy the folder that the version that works great with Brawl is in, paste it into a folder and call the new copy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl HD. Now that one never needs to be touched again!

(01-24-2011, 11:54 AM)wetjet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this has been discussed here a thousand times before.

Having to change the settings every time you want to play a new game is beyond lame. I'm not sure if this is a planned feature for a future version of dolphin, but PLEASE, for the love of Pete! The config settings need to be moved, and integrated into each game, so you configure it once, and leave it alone. I find myself trying to get the game configured more than I'm playing the game. UGH!!! Angry

amateur

Can't you just right click, properties in the game browser and put your settings in that. Dolphin should read the game's .ini for settings before the guis. If the settings in the .ini are ticked it applies those settings. If you change revisions, just copy the .ini folder in to your new download.
That's a great Idea TrueD! I'll have to have 20 versions of dolphin, but who cares. At least I don't have to configure it every time. Thanks!
I apologize also for any criticism... I didn't mean to come off that way. Dolphin is a GREAT project, and open source. I can't really complain.