Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WHAT is this visual giberish??!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

stoner9842146

ok, i'm trying to play twilight princess and this is what i see when i start it up.
---------------------------------

[Image: dolphin-ss.jpg]

---------------------------------

In fact, this is what i see when i try to run any of my games. I'm going through withdraws.

------
(edit added 03/27/09 7:44 PST)

-config settings-
(only checked/selected options are listed)

enable dual core
enable idle skipping
HLE the BIOS all the time
optimize quantizers
render to main window
native resolution
use real XFB
anisotropic filter - 4x
copy EFB to system ram (real)
ZTP Bloom hack

------
specs in my signature
If you think I'm treating you like a noob its only cause i don't know how familiar you are with dolphin but here goes, try updating your GPU's drivers to the latest stable version available, other than that and giving you this link for the settings you need to play twilight princess(on second thought im not sure which version you have)

GC Version Thread

Wii Version Thread

hope this helped Smile if not sorryUndecided
Should you by any chance OC'd your GPU?
Looks like you've set it to render to main window, try setting that off. I seem to have more problem when rendering to main window. also be sure you have the latest DirectX and Graphics Drivers, actually, in light of what I just found... you might want to revert drivers to 181.20, they seem to be the least buggy.

What graphics card are you using anyways?
looks like a broken GPU Wink

MasterDummy

yea i have exact the same problem (the giberish changes from time to time).
I´ve tried to run the games with OpenGL on almost every dolphin version and it just is the same. Render To Window doenst matter.

interesting though with Direct3D i can play almost normal-almost...i dont see any texts and have many missing textures.

Dual Core 2,33 GHz
NVidia 7900 GS (should work with OpenGl)

newest Drivers

so whats the problem? (btw. all graphic plugins for nintendo64 emulator and ps2 emulator just work fine and everythings alright there)
try to install the latest nvidia drivers.

stoner9842146

(03-28-2009, 02:41 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you've set it to render to main window, try setting that off. I seem to have more problem when rendering to main window. also be sure you have the latest DirectX and Graphics Drivers, actually, in light of what I just found... you might want to revert drivers to 181.20, they seem to be the least buggy.

What graphics card are you using anyways?

yea you were right. i forgot to list the settings. (ment to in the first place just... forgot lol.)

i'll try that and if it doesn't work then i'll try grabbing those back-dated drivers and see if that helps.
ok, i've changed my drivers to the 181.20 and it's still giberish, slightly different but still not rendering correctly. oh and yea i un-checked the "render in main window"....

i think i'm getting the dt's.
ok so the new screen shot is attached and as for the odd fps; when i first run the game it shoots from 30fps to the 200's... then after a few moments it drops back down and steady's out between 7 and 13 frames per second. the thing is the screen NEVER changes, no movement in the odd giberish at all.

*sigh*
I had a look on NVIDIA's website at the 7 series cause i was curious about the specs, and it does support OpenGL 2.0, although Dolphin requires 2.1 for OpenGL plugin, so i'm not sure if your card supports 2.1 or not but have you tried using the direct3D plugin instead stoner9842146?

stoner9842146

ok, i'm getting pretty frustrated. maybe it's because i haven't trolled the forums enough for some post that has already addressed this issue, if that's the case then just bloody link me and i'll figure this crap out myself.

Ok so it's more than just the lack of effective suggestions, (sorry guys, none of this stuff has worked for me). i've also got a bricked cube that i'm getting no where with, (no i don't want suggestions with that. i know where to look and i've been there. i'm pretty sure it's a paper weight now.)

My main problem now is that i've seen posts left and right about people playing this game and people playing that game, and i'm sitting here with a screen full of vomit.

all i want to do is get back to playing my damn game Sad

now please excuse me while i go pout outside in silence with a cigarette...
Pages: 1 2