Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: idea for problematic games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure how old the people develpoing dolphin are, but if you think way back about 11 or 12 years ago, there way a ps1 emulator called bleem. sure most have atleast heard of it. anyway, twards the end of the companies life, they released a second bleem called bleemcast to run the ps1 games on dreamcast. to do this they made several diffrent versions (each sold seperatly) and each one would only run certain games. they did this to achive optimum compatibility with the game. i have also noticed a few games for torrent download where someone has taken ePSXe for ps1 and used it to construct a fully self contained standalone game with the iso image imbedd in it basicaly. Where i am going with all this rambling is since there seem to be so many diffrent developers working on dolphin mabey someone could start working taylored dolphins for a specific game where you more or less drop the exe in the folder with the iso image and run it. nothing more. i realize this would be a pain in the butt to do for every game, but i was thingking mabey for some of the problematic games than never seem to work very good.
Sounds dumb. The correct solution is to fix Dolphin.
Yeah.. you're missing one thing, deucide:
The only reason to do this would be for piracy. And guess what we absolutely can't stand and all here? duh!
hust.. its the same like the mh3 bloom patch...
better graphics... better fps...
and its for only 1 game Wink
(01-24-2011, 10:03 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah.. you're missing one thing, deucide:
The only reason to do this would be for piracy. And guess what we absolutely can't stand and all here? duh!

not really, if you dont distribute the iso with it, it wouldnt be any moer for piracy than any other emulator. people are gona do what they are gona do. only god and them selves can stop them. i think there are still a few honest people left in the world.
Well since Dolphin is open source, anyone could do this if they wanted to. But in the end, all the time it would take is better spent just making Dolphin work with everything, and the end result is better too (not having hundreds of different versions), so probably no one will do this.
(01-24-2011, 11:27 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Well since Dolphin is open source, anyone could do this if they wanted to. But in the end, all the time it would take is better spent just making Dolphin work with everything, and the end result is better too (not having hundreds of different versions), so probably no one will do this.

ok, this will be the last im gona post on this cause no one is getting the point..... you wouldnt end up with hundreds of versions. the majority of the games work on dolphin .......... but theres never gona be 100% compatability. as with bleem they realized that after a point it wasnt gona get much better. when ever one game got fixed that hadnt previously worked, it broke another that did work, so when bleemcast for dreamcast was released they released a few diffrent versions of it , each taylored to a specific 4 or 5 games. basicaly what i am saying there soest have to be alot of them made, just for a few of the games that dont seem to ever work right that have a high demand to be emulated. ...........................................................................and besides, this was just a suggestion based off things that have happened in the history of console emulation. so people dont need to get so offened over it
every programmers target is perfection
It's a good idea for people who just want to play certain games well now, but for the project and the developers, it's not a good idea. This would have to be a side project and not official.