Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quick question, Gamecube Memory Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Dolphin and I wasn't able to find this on the FAQ or posted guides. I was wondering if there was a way to create additional emulated Memory Cards for use in Dolphin? While the majority of my games are NTSC, my girlfriend has been wanting to try her PAL version of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on my PC and the default Memory Card is already formatted for the USA region.

Whenever I try to assign a different Memory Card to slot 1, the only two existing .raw files in the default folder are MemoryCardA.USA.raw and SRAM.raw. My somewhat feeble attempts at manually creating a new Memory Card have thus far been unsuccessful (Create new blank text file > rename MemoryCardB.raw), and Dolphin tells me that the wrong device is inserted (no surprise).

How would I go about creating a second memory card that I can format as .EUR.raw?

Thanks

Edit: If it makes a difference I am running R 6506
Memcards are organized by names like MemoryCardA.USA.raw as you saw. However, the memcard path selection tool does not permanently set the region part of the path.

In other words, just play the PAL game and "format" the card (with memory card selected for slot a or b, whichever the game uses). Then MemoryCardA.EUR.raw will be created in the same location you have chosen in the memcard path dialog.
Oh very cool, thanks Smile