Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I keep my saves when using newer version of dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I downloaded an old version of dolphin a few days ago, and played Fire Emblem for abit. Now I downloaded the newest version and when I play the game on that version of dolphin, all the saves are gone. Both the save states and the normal memory card saves. So does anyone how to use my saves in the newest version?

Thanks.

edit: I tried copying the save states and memory card from the user map, and while the memory card works, the save states dont and it says "can't load state from other revisions."
Also Im getting some very strange bleepy sounds in the newest version, how do i fix that?
just copy the new version over the old version overwriting everything -_-
(01-23-2011, 11:21 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]just copy the new version over the old version overwriting everything -_-

Tried that, still says "can't load state from other revisions."

Ferral

Whenever I get the new build I copy the full mem cards to my c drive then just delete current version. Extract new version and copy the mem cards back into the relevant directory. Never any bother with it and all my saves are there.
"Whenever I get the new build I copy the full mem cards to my c drive then just delete current version. Extract new version and copy the mem cards back into the relevant directory. Never any bother with it and all my saves are there. "

useless extra steps.

Ferral

Yeah, its extra steps, but it also means I have a backup incase something goes wrong!

I dont like doing the merging of folders, I prefer to delete existing then set the new one up, doesnt take long really.

I have only just started using Dolphin within the last few days, so its still all pretty new and I'm tinkering with settings. My old GC decided to die on me last weekend after quite a long life!

elmnt61

I don't get how overwriting does not delete the saves? Which folders are you overwriting? The "x64" and "x32" folders? or just the .exe? or what
with new rev.... there are no Savegames coming (savegame folders are empty)

if you copy a empty folder over a full folder... nothing is copied...

so you can't ever deleted your saves.... with updating the revision...

Alphabasic

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but I've gone to the download page and looked through the archived versions and I can't seem to find an active download link for any revisions old enough to support FE10.

OP where did you find the revision you used to play Fire Emblem?
just go to the 'user plugins and go to wii, then copy title, and paste it in the newer revision's user/wii/titile folder