Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Problems with Legend of Zelde: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Com,

i former time i've got a problem with this game. In some situations the game crashes with following fault/error:

BackPatch - no support for operand size 1

Error encountered accessing emulated address 418200ca.
Culprit instruction:
movzx, byte ptr ds:[rbx+rcx]
at 0x10698d5c

It happens if i used to howl as the wolf at the hyrule sea or as a wolf near by the gornon hill. Got somebody the same problen or a solution? Is it a fault/error of the image or should i update the Version of dolphin-emu?

My Sys:
CPU: Phenom 1055T
Mobo: Gigabyte 870-UDA3
GC: EN260 GTX
RAM: DDR3 2*2GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Software:
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Norton Internet Security Version 17

Greetz
I downloaded the version Dolphin-x64-r6897.7z. Now i got the problem that this warning

"The selected language is not supported (in my case i guess german) by your system. Falling back to system default."

pops up. But the error still exist.

Regards
Open User/Config/Config.ini in a text editor and change the line where the Language (or sth like that) variable is set, and set it to 0.
Thx, that helped Smile

Do have any idea to my other problem?

dawr

Hey! Same problem here. As soon as I howl at Lake Hyrule the game crashes with the exception above.

Specs:

AMD II X4 2,8GHz
Geforce 8800GT
Keep trying it till it works. Turning on MMU emulation in the game properties might fix it at the expense of making the game unplayably slow.
It has been reported in the past that this is a DSP issue, that when using the LLE plugin this isn't a problem. However sometimes it is passable with the HLE plugin, but usually only when AFC audio/AFC decoder hasn't bugged out. Although the error would suggest a JIT issue, I've seen it reported that this crash and error doesn't occur with the LLE plugin so I'm not sure. It's been a while since I've played the game, but I might play through again to see if I encounter the error and what fixes it. For another user I helped, it appears his image was bad so it could really be anything.

Anyways you can try seeing if this happens with the LLE plugin (You must dump the dsp roms from a Wii or Gamecube to use the LLE plugin) or keep trying as NV mentioned and you will eventually get past it.