Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mac Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everybody, new here on the form and to dolphin.

I have a MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4 Ghz Duo Core, 4 Gigs Ram,
NIVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. I have searched the forms, but I just need help setting up dolphin for my mac (If it is possible).

Any and all assistances is appreciated.

mingistech

Just go here and there are pre-compiled versions of Dolphin that will run under Leopard and Snow Leopard on any Intel Mac.

I've been running Dolphin on a Mac mini hooked to my TV and it looks amazing. Seeing all my Wii games in 720p is a beautiful thing. I must say the devs behind Dolphin know their sh!t. Smile

http://livefor.free.fr/Dolphin_Leo+Snow/
Thanks I will see if any of those work. I really want to play Metroid Prime, but it lags really bad, o well
@mingistech, Do you mind telling me what revision you are running, the two most recent versions just crash the instant I try to open them.

jaysonf

(01-25-2011, 07:34 AM)kisuke32 Wrote: [ -> ]@mingistech, Do you mind telling me what revision you are running, the two most recent versions just crash the instant I try to open them.

I was having the same problem. Just restart your Mac and hold the 6 and the 4 key to load the 64 bit kernel. Don't know how mine got switched to 32 bit but it happened. Fixed the problem.
Your Mac will always boot in 32 bits , you'll have to do it manually everytime you need to use 64 bits softwares.
Rev 6839 works pretty good on my macbook, but if switching to bootcamp & 64 bit w7, the fps rises by about 5 easily.
Link included in above site:

http://livefor.free.fr/Dolphin_Leo+Snow/...-r6839.dmg

Then again graphics are sacrificed for mobility, can't really run many games past 1024x768 without lag
Did anyone get Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes working by any chance? It just freezes at the Konami screen....
Thanks I will try switching to 64bit and try it out.
Forgot to mention I am running leopard 10.5.8 Not snow leopard. I don't think leopard has a full 64 bit mode option available...
(01-27-2011, 08:12 AM)kisuke32 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I will try switching to 64bit and try it out.
Forgot to mention I am running leopard 10.5.8 Not snow leopard. I don't think leopard has a full 64 bit mode option available...

Of course it does.
Pages: 1 2