Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pad Configuration/Mario Power Tennis support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jay

Hi all

I did a quick check on this - in the search mode, however couldn't find anything that appeared to match my issue.

Quick spec's:

CPU Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300 (1.80GHz)
Motherboard Asus P5LD2-TVM-SE (Intel 945G)
Memory 1GB DDR2 PC2-4200 (2 x 512MB) Upgraded to 2GB
Hard Drive 250GB SATA II hard drive
CD / DVD Drive Dual layer DVD±RW
Card Reader Flash Memory Card Drive (8 in 1)
Video / Graphics Card ATI Radeon X1300 128MB (upto 512MB HyperMemory)
Sound Card Conexant High Definition Audio
Modem Agere systems soft 56K
Network Card Realtek 8139 / 810X (Onboard)
Disassembly Advent T9x08 case information
Keyboard Advent PS2 keyboard (KB-9810) Now using original Zboard
Mouse Advent PS2 mouse Now using Logitech G5
Gamepad - Logitech Dual Action
[Image: logitech_dual_action_gamepad.gif]

I've downloaded the following Dolphins - the problem appears to be on all builds.

(Please Note - this is my first day using Dolphin - I've managed to pick up (hopefully) some of the terminology, and settings - however, I'm currently just hoping to get it work by trying different things - so if I've made an obvious mistake - that is why)

1. Dolphin SVN Revision - 1546 (file name DolphinWx.exe)
2. Dolphin UnknownForce build - X86 (file name Dolphin.exe and DolphinIL.exe)
3. Dolphin_x86_3155-jit.zip - (file name DolphinIL.exe).

I'm trying to run the Mario Power Tennis game (USA version).

My issue is two part.

1. When setting up my controller pad - I'm using the NJoy v0.4 by Falcon4ever.
I can access the pad settings - and configure my controller. However - it's not letting remap my controller settings. Some of the buttons don't match how I want to lay-out my settings. At first - it did a small countdown for me to register new controls. Now - it's auto-setting the values to: "[A-0]". Any suggestions to fix would be VERY appreciated.

2. Mario Power Tennis I've seen suggestions in the perfect game listing to load in IL mode. I've tested in three builds above - and the same issue exists in all.
I can run the game, it loads.
Main screen pops up.
Applies Memory card slot creation.
Main screen - press any button.
I press button.
Takes to menu's - graphics slightly skewed - don't care about that.
Whatever option I try to access - either I can't select, or the only button that does work - takes me back to the main screen. It's what I've mapped to be "A" from the GameCube controller onto my pad. It allows me to access the menu's - then it takes me straight back into the Main screen.

I'm not sure if the two issues are linked. I've downloaded the drivers for my pad - and ensured it's uptodate.

Apologies if I've not posted my issue properly - if there is a set standard/format, or if I've missed/done something stupid.

Hopefully one of you can give me some ideas how to press forward.

Many thanks

Jay
About the nJoy plugins... I remember at some time having problems mapping buttons form my gamepad.
But you might get lucky, as i checked, the problem was only with mapping-

Open your nJoy.ini file and try to manually set every button (use the joystick options in your control panel to guide yourself). Once mapped, try any game if the plugin catches your button presses. It worked for me a long time ago.

Also, don't know if it's happening now, but earlier nJoy .3 and .4 shared the same config file, but mapped the buttons using different id's, so choose and stick with only ONE njoy.

Making this post even more useful.
This is a part of my nJoy.ini file (the one corresponding PAD1)
This one was generated with nJoy .3, son you won't see the A or B letters.
Using windows joystick options in the control panel you can easily get your buttons' id.
(I don't use njoy .4, can somebody confirm if B is used for key mapping and A for axis?)
Quote:[PAD1]
enabled = 1
joy_id = 0
l_shoulder = 6
r_shoulder = 7
a_button = 2
b_button = 3
x_button = 0
y_button = 0
z_trigger = 1
start_button = 9
dpad = 0