Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am i wasting my time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

danielol

Hey i needed some help knowing if my computer would run dolphin properly i not, ive got mario kart wii and smash bros melee for Gc... mario tends to run at 30% and smash bros at about 50% i just bought a new graphics card in hope to boost it, while it did but not to the extent where im happy

my specs are:

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.40Ghz
3GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 460 SE
I just hacked into the White House and now i'm going to report myself.

danielol

thanks for the help?
graphics is fine and so is ram, but your cpu is a bit slow, probably upwards of 2.5 would be ideal. Also a 64-bit os helps if you don't already have one. A pc is only as fast as it's slowest component, and in this case, the performance of your cpu is letting down the gpu performance.

danielol

(01-22-2011, 06:05 PM)theSpacec0wboy Wrote: [ -> ]graphics is fine and so is ram, but your cpu is a bit slow, probably upwards of 2.5 would be ideal. Also a 64-bit os helps if you don't already have one. A pc is only as fast as it's slowest component, and in this case, the performance of your cpu is letting down the gpu performance.

ahhk thanks for the help.... really dont wanna fork out another few hundred for a new cpu so i guess ill just have to wait till I can afford i whole new build Sad
(01-22-2011, 06:33 PM)danielol Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2011, 06:05 PM)theSpacec0wboy Wrote: [ -> ]graphics is fine and so is ram, but your cpu is a bit slow, probably upwards of 2.5 would be ideal. Also a 64-bit os helps if you don't already have one. A pc is only as fast as it's slowest component, and in this case, the performance of your cpu is letting down the gpu performance.

ahhk thanks for the help.... really dont wanna fork out another few hundred for a new cpu so i guess ill just have to wait till I can afford i whole new build Sad

Your system looks like its 775 You can get a really cheap 2.9 for about 80
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 Dual Core CPU I know I picked up my 2.4 E4600 for about 50 + VAT in the UK but the place I got it no longer sell it.
Just overclock if you know how to do it properly. I'm on a e6300 too and i got it to 3.73Ghz stable on air cooling.
Over clocking is the cheaper option but a option I myself say ways from, but like tuanming says if you know how to do it and have a ok fan and airflow
in your PC then give it a blast.