Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XBOX 360 Controller Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running dolphin 3200, my game seems to load fine, but I cannot get the 360 controller to work. It appears in my device manager as "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class" via Play and Charge Kit. I saw a video of someone running dolphin and they were able to click the checkbox in the pad control panel, mine is disabled/greyed out. I also tried the XBCD driver, but am not sure how that works, so I uninstalled it. I am running SP3, and have read online that there have been various problems with XInput and it is already included in the release, so I don't know why that area for me would be disabled. If there is something for me to download please link me as I have search all over the place and can't find what I need.

[Image: 9lh0lc.jpg]

[Image: rllvh3.jpg]
Are you using a wired pad, or the wireless pad with usb charge cable?

LuisR14

and do you have DirectX completely updated (even the optional portions)? Smile
(05-22-2009, 02:30 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a wired pad, or the wireless pad with usb charge cable?

Wireless Controller with the USB charge cable.

(05-22-2009, 03:12 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]and do you have DirectX completely updated (even the optional portions)? Smile

I just did a DX update and have all of the latest SP3 updates, here is a print screen of my dxdiag.
Luis, I see in your sig you have the old dx9 plugin, do I want/need that?

[Image: ipmhys.jpg]

LuisR14

(05-22-2009, 03:50 AM)jpeazy Wrote: [ -> ]Luis, I see in your sig you have the old dx9 plugin, do I want/need that?
you would want it only if you have a video card that doesn't support the OpenGL plugin Smile (like the GeForce 4 series (which i have Sad), and GeForce FX series, or any Dx9 Intel IGPs Smile (but the opengl plugin kindoff doesn't work with Dx10 Intel IGPs either Tongue))
(05-22-2009, 04:18 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2009, 03:50 AM)jpeazy Wrote: [ -> ]Luis, I see in your sig you have the old dx9 plugin, do I want/need that?
you would want it only if you have a video card that doesn't support the OpenGL plugin Smile (like the GeForce 4 series (which i have Sad), and GeForce FX series, or any Dx9 Intel IGPs Smile (but the opengl plugin kindoff doesn't work with Dx10 Intel IGPs either Tongue))

I have a GeForce 7900 GS, seems to work fine but back to this controller, I must be missing something... Is there a guide on getting the 360 controller to work. I found a f*cking youtube video that I thought would be the answer but it was and Edge Roll, some new type of rick roll...

Jay

If I may - something I've noticed - from my experience since I downloaded (only today - but even so), you appear to be running the pad-plugin designed to map keyboard keys to the gamecube layout. Not a gamepad.

Hope that's either a) accurate and/or b) helpful.

Jay
(05-22-2009, 05:55 AM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]If I may - something I've noticed - from my experience since I downloaded (only today - but even so), you appear to be running the pad-plugin designed to map keyboard keys to the gamecube layout. Not a gamepad.

Jay

I believe it's the same plugin, it's titled "Dolphin KB/X360Pad." And I am guessing the way the 360 controller is activated is when I click "Enable X360Pad" button, which I cannot because it is disabled. So no idea what I'm missing here.

Jay

(05-22-2009, 06:01 AM)jpeazy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2009, 05:55 AM)Jay Wrote: [ -> ]If I may - something I've noticed - from my experience since I downloaded (only today - but even so), you appear to be running the pad-plugin designed to map keyboard keys to the gamecube layout. Not a gamepad.

Jay

I believe it's the same plugin, it's titled "Dolphin KB/X360Pad." And I am guessing the way the 360 controller is activated is when I click "Enable X360Pad" button, which I cannot because it is disabled. So no idea what I'm missing here.

Ah, my bad. I've been using the NJoy v0.4 plugin - to no success (trying to map a logitech dual action controller)... The plugin i thought it was is a keyboard map one.

I've just had a look - and unless there is some obvious driver missing - the only thing I can think of is that it's not reading that "windows common class" etc. Have you tried opening the dolphin configuration window - then plugging in the controller? (sounds stupid/maybe even counter productive - but you never know).

Jay
The wireless controller needs the wireless reciever in order to work with your PC.
[Image: wireless_receiver_04%5B2%5D.jpg]

The USB charge cable WILL NOT transmit data.
Pages: 1 2