Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Questions about Wiimote and all that stuff...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

papaj42

Hi. First of all i was searching the forum and didn't find answers to my questions. I wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy with mouse and keyboard, but i think that is impossible. The mouse has some kind of "lag" and doesn't work properly in Dolphin. I don't know why so I decided to buy a Wiimote. So here are my questions: to play SMG do i need Wiimote and Nunchuck or only Wiimote will do it? And can I connect Nunchuck with bluetooth like Wiimote, or is there other way to connect it?
(01-20-2011, 11:18 AM)papaj42 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. First of all i was searching the forum and didn't find answers to my questions. I wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy with mouse and keyboard, but i think that is impossible. The mouse has some kind of "lag" and doesn't work properly in Dolphin. I don't know why so I decided to buy a Wiimote. So here are my questions: to play SMG do i need Wiimote and Nunchuck or only Wiimote will do it? And can I connect Nunchuck with bluetooth like Wiimote, or is there other way to connect it?

I'm not sure if you need the nunchuck to play SMG because I have not played it. The nunchuck plugs into the remote. If the get the remote working the nunchuck should work too.
Playing SMG with keyboard/mouse works perfectly fine, you must be doing something wrong.
Playing with a real wiimote will require a physical nunchuk for SMG.

There is a "Hybrid Wiimote" input source option in Dolphin which uses a real wiimote with an emulated extension. If you go that route, you will need to play with your real wiimote along with keyboard/gamepad to emulate the nunchuk.