Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ubuntu help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

riverdales77

Hi, I can't seem to run the Dolphin 64-bit program at all. I am running Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid 64bit. The version I am trying to run of Dolphin is: 2745-fastlog. When I tried double-clicking it, nothing happened, so I cd'd to the directory and typed ./Dolphin. When I did that, it showed this error:

./Dolphin: error while loading shared libraries: libportaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What should I do?
sudo aptitude install libportaudio ?

riverdales77

(03-27-2009, 12:55 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]sudo aptitude install libportaudio ?

I just tried that, it installed and everything, but the same error comes up in the console as before.

riverdales77

Anyone know what to do?
i have never tried Dolphin in Ubuntu, but my experience with Ubuntu is that 8.04 is much more compatible with software than 8.10 is. I had that exact same problem when installing lyxdream in 8.10 (dreamcast emu) and I had ALL of the libportaudio packages installed, i never got it to work even in 8.04, sorry..........
go to www.portaudio.com and download the tar source. compile it.

mas_bonenxxx

(03-28-2009, 11:57 AM)riverdales77 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what to do?

I was having the same problem with libbluetooth.so.2, but it's fixed now.
I think that's because of the version (and filename) difference between available library and the library requested by Dolphin.

First, run terminal and type:
Code:
$ sudo nautilus
That will open nautilus in super-admin mode.

Go to /usr/lib, and search for a link to libportaudio.so.[version], then make a copy of that link, rename it to libportaudio.so.2. Done.

[don't touch the library file.]

CMIIW
(03-28-2009, 07:18 PM)mas_bonenxxx Wrote: [ -> ]

I think that's because of the version (and filename) difference between available library and the library requested by Dolphin.

Code:
$ sudo nautilus

Go to /usr/lib, and search for a link to libportaudio.so.[version], then make a copy of that link, rename it to libportaudio.so.2. Done.

CMIIW

don rename it to libportaudio.so.2, just make a symbolic link.

riverdales77

(03-28-2009, 09:25 PM)lannyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2009, 07:18 PM)mas_bonenxxx Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:
$ sudo nautilus

CMIIW

don rename it to libportaudio.so.2, just make a symbolic link.

Ok, I'll try this later.

dark magshin

you should probably apt-get install instead of aptitude