Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Merge all videoplugins into one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of months ago, some dev here said that they're working on merging all video plugins into one, is it still being worked on?
work is currently focused elsewhere., but afaik its still the intended goal.
I think you misunderstood. When they said they were doing a "video plugin merge" they were talking about moving most of the code into video-common so that code doesn't have to be copy pasta into all three plugins and they can all use the same configuration prompt/dialog/gui with the same options available. This was completed somewhere between 6331 and 6535 if memory serves. Although I too might be mistaken, maybe they really did plan on having one video plugin, but then again I distinctly remember one of the devs stating "the video plugin merge is complete". And they (the devs) spent several weeks on irc talking about merging code into video-common right before this happened.
The plan is to eliminate the video plugins by merging them into Dolphin as was done with GCPad and Wiimote.
(01-20-2011, 10:44 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Although I too might be mistaken, maybe they really did plan on having one video plugin, but then again I distinctly remember one of the devs stating "the video plugin merge is complete".
Err, you're mistaken Tongue
(01-20-2011, 03:50 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The plan is to eliminate the video plugins by merging them into Dolphin as was done with GCPad and Wiimote.

that's pretty damn awesome!