Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Great Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I resumed trying to get Dolphin to run Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance after about a month. I have an Intel GMA 3100 graphics card that does not support opengl above 1.4, so I have been alot of trouble running any games on dolphin. Today however, I downloaded the newest build I could find (3233 I believe), added the old direct3d plugin, and with a few minor adjustments the game works almost perfectly! Aside from the occasional random crash, I am getting around 50 fps during gameplay, and around 100 for dialogue scenes, so long as I cut out battle animations. I don't know what was fixed, but the old direct3d plugin seems to work very well with this build. I even got FE: Radiant Dawn, a wii game, to work! I didn't play past the first battle, but the graphics looked amazing, even with my crappy graphics card. Anyway, I just wanted to say great job to everyone who is contributing to this project, its been coming along very nicely and far faster than I expected.

Also, I wanted to give some hope to anyone else without an opengl compatible graphics card. I don't know if this fix will work for every game, but its a good temporary solution until the direct3d plugin gets updated.
Keep up the great work guys!