Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using GLSL for OpenGL shaders instead of Cg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent a week in December trying to convert the dolphin OGL video plugin to use GLSL instead of Cg. I've started with trying to convert the Vertex shader. It's not really going that well. I've gotten somewhere; I can change the color of the overlay text "Clearing Cache... CPU Info:, etc", but for the most part it's just a bunch of black screen. I'm not sure if I can do it by myself.

I have years of experience programming in C and C++, and I'm familiar with OpenGL, but when I started this project I had only a vague understanding of what a shader was.

Is anybody else working on this? Would anybody else like to work on this with me? It's my understanding that SonicAdvance used to be working on this, but I haven't seen much about that, and I haven't found a forum account for him.

Would you guys (the devs) be willing to provide a SVN branch or directory so I can collaborate with anybody else who wants to help?
Maybe discuss this further in irc, #dolphin-emu (efnet)
I know i have read it somewhere... so to be complete... have a look at OpenGL Shading Language chapter 7.7 Specyfying Uniform Variables.

It says : 'Each time linking occurs, the location of the uniform variables may change, and so the app must query them'.
Later on they define a getUniLoc function which does nothing that calling getuniformlocation and if the return is -1 they check for ogl errors otherwise the location is returned. Hope this helps Smile