Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with keyboard & controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I can't use my keyboard & usb PS2-like controller to play game using Dolphin. Why is it so?

The version I have is r6873 and there is no pad plugin, is that the reason?

I have installed everything that is required - the visual c++ and directx.

Thanks !
(01-19-2011, 01:05 PM)thetax28 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I can't use my keyboard & usb PS2-like controller to play game using Dolphin. Why is it so?

Why can't you? What is stopping you?
(01-19-2011, 02:08 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2011, 01:05 PM)thetax28 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I can't use my keyboard & usb PS2-like controller to play game using Dolphin. Why is it so?

Why can't you? What is stopping you?

That's the part that I'm not sure. I've attached a photo of my setting.
As you can see, I don't have the pad plugin. (But I think it is no longer used in the more recent release?)

Anyway, for the controller pad configuration, I tried to enter the pad configuration of my choices but it doesn't work. The same is true for the keyboard configuration.

Please help me, thanks in advance. Smile

Explain "doesn't work".
(01-19-2011, 04:16 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Explain "doesn't work".

See the attached picture for the keyboard configuration.

When I played the game, there was an in-game message popped up which said that it couldn't sense 1p wii controller, thus I was not able to play the game.

Thanks.
I assume your game does not support gamecube controllers and requires you to use a wiimote. Configure an emulated wiimote.