Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: super smash bros brawl specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

k1d_1carus

i was wondering if my specs were decent enough to run Super Smash Bros Brawl. i tried using dolphin 2.0 and the latest build 6839 and only manage to get like 10fps. these are my specs.
i tried playing around the the configue settings but had no luck, is there something im doing wrong or is this build just not suitable to run the emu?
cheers! Smile

Processor: Intel Core i7 720QM
Chipset: Mobile Intel HM55 Express
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 667MHz SODIMM
Display: 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) Color-Shine (Glare-type)
Video Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
Check your configuration.

I have win7 x64 with core i5 and an ati 5670. I achieve > 30 fps no problems at 720p. I think 1080p is very decent too, but its too high for may other games, so I leave my resolution at 720p. I use the DX11 plugin.

I read somewhere that you should use the dx9 plugin. is that correct?
(01-19-2011, 06:45 AM)Injected Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that you should use the dx9 plugin. is that correct?

Try all 3 graphic plug-in and see for yourself.
It's the opposite for me. I find that OpenGl runs faster on my graphics card for some reason and gives me better quality graphics too.

k1d_1carus

(01-19-2011, 06:37 AM)fredx21 Wrote: [ -> ]Check your configuration.

I have win7 x64 with core i5 and an ati 5670. I achieve > 30 fps no problems at 720p. I think 1080p is very decent too, but its too high for may other games, so I leave my resolution at 720p. I use the DX11 plugin.

which version of dolphin are you using for these results??
I believe it's r6815, from the dolphin-emu.org website. The one after all the SSE optimizations. I have checked last night, and I get 60 FPS at 720p, but I was set to DX9.
Also I have read somewhere to disable AI for ATI cards. I have no idea how much of a difference it makes, but you might want to try that.
Quote:Also I have read somewhere to disable AI for ATI cards. I have no idea how much of a difference it makes, but you might want to try that.
It prevents issues with corrupted textures in some games. AI actually improves performance, but at the cost of causing problems in some applications like dolphin.

k1d_1carus

(01-20-2011, 12:56 AM)fredx21 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's r6815, from the dolphin-emu.org website. The one after all the SSE optimizations. I have checked last night, and I get 60 FPS at 720p, but I was set to DX9.

cheers man works great!!
im using my psx controllers to play brawl, just wanted to know can you play like Zelda/Galaxy with the pad too or is a nunchuck needed for those games??