Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Swinging just like a Wiimote!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#FF0000]Warning:[/color] This trick might have been discovered before, if so I will remove this thread and rate up the thread of the contributer who figured this out first. This if for beginners only, more experienced users might have found this earlier but too lazy too publish it... I'm just sayin' Tongue

So, I was playing Zelda: Twilight Princess with this awesome emulator and I got to the sword training part, I thought about some practical way to swing with your mouse, so heres what I did: I set the SWING directions to the respective CURSOR directions, such as "Cursor Y-" for UP , "Cursor Y+" for DOWN, "Cursor X-" for LEFT and "Cursor X+" for RIGHT (you can do this by right clicking the button that lets you map the keys and rewriting the key from AXIS to CURSOR. Not changing the directions like y- , y+ and so on)
Now heres the trick, well... not much of trick, more like a clever way of using a simple function: SET A DEAD ZONE. Smile

I set mine to 15 so when you move around your cursor you don't accidentally stab a defenseless chicken Rolleyes , you can freely move the cursor as fast as you want, but not too fast. If you want to swing more freely just set the dead zone down, or up if you move the mouse to quickly.

And I ask you: Please don't troll on me by possibly being Captain Obvious... Confused