Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem Connecting WiiRemote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

DerGoldeneReiter

Hello, I have a problem to use my new wiimote on dolphin.

I have played with dolphin for months. Than I bought a new Wiimote to play with more than 1 Person.

I want to connect it (without another one). The lights blink and than I click on Refresh and the first light is still on.

Than I swich on a game. And the controller doesn't work. The light is on, but nothing happens when I push a button.

I tryed the controller on a real Wii and it works, the controller works. I tryed also the controller with the Programm WiiRemote on a PC and here also everything works. Only with Dolphin it does not work. Can someone help me?
If you're using the MS bluetooth stack in windows 7, have you removed all bluetooth devices (ie the wiimotes) and then re-added the wiimote to the bluetooth devices list? You will have to do this every time you want to play dolphin. After you connect it to the PC like this the drivers for the wiimote should install and then all you have to do is close dolphin (if it is already open) re-open it and click on the wiimote plugin and the wiimote should automatically connect to dolphin (the wiimote will vibrate when this happens). Here is a helpful video explaining the steps in connecting a wiimote to dolphin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvaUKGhxLE. Oh and if you're not running windows 7 on your pc you won't be able to use the aforementioned microsoft bluetooth stack to connect the wiimote to your pc so in this case use a program like bluesoleil - http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/S0001...80001.html
(01-18-2011, 07:44 AM)DerGoldeneReiter Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I have a problem to use my new wiimote on dolphin.

I have played with dolphin for months. Than I bought a new Wiimote to play with more than 1 Person.

I want to connect it (without another one). The lights blink and than I click on Refresh and the first light is still on.

Than I swich on a game. And the controller doesn't work. The light is on, but nothing happens when I push a button.

I tryed the controller on a real Wii and it works, the controller works. I tryed also the controller with the Programm WiiRemote on a PC and here also everything works. Only with Dolphin it does not work. Can someone help me?

Check the dolphin wiimote settings. Make sure you have "real wiimote" selected instead of "emulated wiimote". You will want to pair the wiimote up through the dolphin wiimote settings also.
did you connect in the client?

alt+f5 is the first wiimote alt+f6 is second etc

DerGoldeneReiter

Thank you for your fast answers, I have tryed everything you have written. I have removed all Devices, also I tryed to connect with the Windows7 menu and also I tryed to connect with dolphin menu. And yes there is "real wiimote" selected.
With other wiimotes it workes fine

The new wiimote connect also. (only the first light is on). But in game the buttons does not work.

I try it wirh New Super Mario Bros.

DerGoldeneReiter

I now also tryed Bluesoleil now, but ther isn't a difference.

acampada

Hi,

At first, I had the same problem. However, I have gotten that works. You have to be patient. The process to recognize wiimote is really slow. Each time, you have to wait to install the drivers. Once done, you can click on update button and dolphin will recognize the wiimote, and the wiimote is going to vibrate...

One question... is original your wiimote?
One tip, sometimes the bluetooth adapter dont recognize my wiimote. I have to close dolphin and pull out the bluetooth adapter.

related question: When I use wiimote, I select hybrid wiimote ... because I want to use my game pad like nunchuck... However, all buttons work but I loose the IR pointer...Only when I choose real wiimote, I have the IR pointer. Any suggestion?

DerGoldeneReiter

Thank you for your answer, but it doesent work.

My Wiimote vibrates, and in the game the button didn't work. It also tryed to use hybrid wiimote, but nothing changed.

My other wiimotes work also now, only this one doesen't work.

(01-20-2011, 03:46 AM)DerGoldeneReiter Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answer, but it doesent work.

My Wiimote vibrates, and in the game the button didn't work. It also tryed to use hybrid wiimote, but nothing changed.

Yep, same boat most of us are in. I have tried everything everyone has suggested, no-go for me Sad Im actually thinking about returning this new controller and getting an Xbox360 controller to do the mapping.

(01-20-2011, 10:30 AM)5t3alth Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2011, 03:46 AM)DerGoldeneReiter Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your answer, but it doesent work.

Yep, same boat most of us are in. I have tried everything everyone has suggested, no-go for me Sad Im actually thinking about returning this new controller and getting an Xbox360 controller to do the mapping.

Checked the batteries?
Pages: 1 2