Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii remote won't stay connected?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Emi

I'm using the USB Bluetooth Dongle and one of the Wii remotes that came with the Wii itself, pairing it with Dolphin as Real Wiimote. However, whenever I try to play a game, the Wii remote will disconnect after a couple minutes. I've tried pairing the Wii remote with Dolphin again while the game is still open, but it still acts as if though it's still disconnected, so I have to restart the game anyway. But this happens every time I try to play the game, so I'm never able to get very far into the game.

How can I get it so the Wii remote won't disconnect?

knightlore

i have the same problem as you but i have noticed that i get disconnected alot more with the new revison (r7308) for example lego indi 2 & lego harry potter both disconnect me on the intro, but both games are fully playable when i use (r7274) on the upside avatar is now playable with the new revision.
Same problem, as far back as 7128. It always disconnects. Gonna try 6900 and some earlier ones.

knightlore

Did Nintendo sneak in a firmware update on us, so it wouldn't work? Does the wiimote even have firmware? Maybe I'm just paranoid...

But that would explain why the wiimote doesn't work all of a sudden, on any version. Does anyone's wiimotes work, and perhaps you don't even use the console, or one that has wifi?

It's so tragic. I got all this new hardware set up, and can't even get it to work. And I can't get the developers to look at it.

knightlore

Anyone have any news of a fix yet?
knightlore Wrote:Anyone have any news of a fix yet?
You have to go back to r7271 and disable the wiimote speaker.

[Image: disablewiimotespeaker.png]

knightlore

Thats not a fix, thats a downgrade, i mean does anyone know if someone is working on a fix in the form of a new revision, Form looking at my previous link that it still has no priorty level attached to it.