Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dalphin Export Settings or?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Everyone fist time poster. Just joined this forum after watching this project for a long time and over different websites. As I've been playing around with the emulator Ive noticed a few updates a day get uploaded. It seems as though some one would have put an export user files tool by now or just simply made the default location for controller config/Mem cards/Wii mem/ ect.. MyDocuments ? Ive placed what I can in this folder as its used by just about any pc game I have for saves. Some folders however cannot be moved here or relocated at all such as Screen Shots Wii (game mem) or controller configs.

Just a suggestion Big Grin Keep up the excellent work I continue to be amazed at how far this project has come and how nice it has become.
All of the user data (memory cards, native saves, save states, screen shots) are stored in the "User" sub-directory.
There is an issue made on google code to allow relocating it.
For now, you could create a symlink to the "User" directory inside your "My Documents".
Thnx for the info and the idea . Nvr used a Symbolic link before . would I want to only use Wii / Screenshots / GC / StateSaves folders . Idknow will gameconfig or maps folders be altered in later versions and need to be over written?

Also for people like me who would be interested read this as I did http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...ows-vista/