Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Missing plugins and will not start emulation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CuvisTheConqueror

Trying out Dolphin... on my main rig (Phenom II 940, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 260 896MB, Win7 x64) it works great, so I thought I'd try it out on my living room computer (Athlon x2 4850e, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9500GT 512MB, Win7 x64) to see how it copes with lighter hardware (I confess, I was considering getting rid of my Wii if I can pull this off. I'd keep the games, though, of course). Unfortunately, it has some very odd behaviors there. The game refuses to actually start emulating, and if I go to the Config window, on the Plugins tab, there appear to be no plugins for GC Pad or Wiimote. Both the spots where the plugin would be are blank, if I click the dropdown a blank box appears, and clicking the Configure button does nothing. Have I somehow misconfigured Dolphin on this machine?

EDIT - I should probably add that the appropriate DLLs are, indeed, present in the Plugins directory (Plugin_GCPad.dll, Plugin_GCPadNew.dll, and Plugin_Wiimote.dll).
There is a stickied thread titled "[Read me first] FAQ: Plugins missing, Error xyz pops up, Why does abc not work?". Read it.