Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is DSP-LLE that bad, or am I doing something wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I need some confirmation on how good or bad LLE is.

I'm trying to get the sound/announcer to work in NBA Jam and with LLE enabled I get all kinds of popping/cracking/distortion. I can hear the announcer now, but it is not very easy on the ears.

How does NBA Jam work for others?

Specs:
i7 920 @ 3.2 ghz
6 gig ram
Radeon 5970
Windows 7 64bit
your DSP dump is bad.
(01-15-2011, 02:35 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]your DSP dump is bad.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, it is the proper size: 4kb. Hmm.
If you're on a current build, dolphin will tell you if your dump is wrong.
What's probably happening is that the game just isn't being emulated at real speed. If you're under (or over), LLE audio will sound bad.
(01-15-2011, 03:01 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on a current build, dolphin will tell you if your dump is wrong.
What's probably happening is that the game just isn't being emulated at real speed. If you're under (or over), LLE audio will sound bad.

I am on the newest revision. After further testing the sounds are the worst in the menus and during a game when I trigger a loud noise such as dunking. Other than that it may hiccup some but I guess I can live with it for the extra resolution on the PC.
What speed are you running at?
(01-15-2011, 03:06 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]What speed are you running at?

After the initial 5 seconds speeds go to 85-95%. After adjusting a couple of DSP settings it looks like the only issues are in the menu, first five seconds of gameplay, and when a dunk is triggered (very loud).

you typically need to be constantly at 100% for lle to sound good. However, the issues with loud effects could be a bug somewhere.
There is a similar issue with SSBB when there is a loud sound effect, it sounds distorted and crackly.
Last question. How do I maintain 100% speed in game so I do not have sound issues?
Pages: 1 2