Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Big decrease in between FPS since 6000 to 6836
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well people of dolphin's forum, I'm here -again- to ask why the huge decrease in the fps between the revisions 6000 and 6836.
I'll use the game "The legend of Zelda: The wind waker" as example.
First of all, I configured the two revisions with the best configuration possible -for my case- and set the screen to 720p, with no anti-aliasing, just something near the default configuration and put the "zelda twilight princess bloom hack" to fix the games glitchs.
I already finished the game and started all over and I am now on the.... Dragon roost island -where the comom glitches start to appear- and in the firts revision -6000- I get always full speed -30fps- I think that the wind waker graphic looks better than twilight princess (?)- and I can make whatever I want to the camera, destroy bombs and it always get the full speed. I won't explain more details because you all will see the difference when I compare.
Now I use the 6836 as example. First of all, someone knows why, when I put the game at the begginer to run, the windows stay like it had stoped answering, but after some time it runs ok, when I start from my save, at the same place that the other one, I get always a variable 20-26 fps, and if I explode a bomb, twhen the animation of the explosion is running the fps drops to 15-16. and if you really aren't convincent, at this time I am running the game in 1024-768! It is lower than the other, and stills slower.

I could post many games like twilight princess which in new revisions, when I go to the hyrule field, with the ZTP hack on, the game stay more unplayble than before -now in hyrule fiel I get a... 22 fps, where I could get 45 fps -at least- in the older revisions.

If you are thinking that this is due my low pc specifications, it isn't, because it is a bit better than the minium requeriments, and can -could in thi case- many games like these in full speed. But if you're asking: Windows 7 64 bits, 4 Gb Ram, 2,66Ghz Core 2 Quad, Geforce 9400.
Yes, 9400 isn't that thing but it could run all my games 720p at full speed ok? So this isn't the problem, the problem itself is with the emulator.
I know that I can't protest (?) since I can't help the dolphin project that much, but I would like to know what is happening, since the new revisions says that the emulator speed up was getting better due many things: SS2 and SS3 better decode of textures speeds (my processor can go until... SSS3) and I can see that the dolphin is just getting better every day. But I would like to know if this problem is with dolphin it self or if it is with my pc ( I can't see why it would be with my pc if the difference was between revisions but if you could give me a light)
So, it is it, I will wait for someone helping me figuring out the problem or explaing me something like that the dolphin needs a good clean up in the code, until that i will stay here... crying.... -no, I won't do that-
And if, anyone wants to contact me send me a pm, or answer in this thread.
So if you want that i post screenshots, answer me, if you want more information, answer me, if you are bored with nothing to do and wants some brazillian to chat, answer me (ok, that was nonsense)
System Requirements are subject to change as emulation accuracy increases and hacks are dropped.
True... but it was a very big difference, it is sad (?)[/align]
Then get better hardware...Problem solved.
Just keep using older revisions. Use 6505. That's from before the fifo changes which is when the slowdowns started.