Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Background music cuts out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ChrisKal

Hey there,
I have been trying dolphin out on my new computer (a Toshiba Qosmio laptop) and both of the two games I've tried have had the background music cut out after a minute or two of play. After which it doesn't seem to come back.

So what I was wondering if this is a known issue, and if there is a fix for it.
Without knowing the games you're playing, it's known and there is no fix. Try using the LLE plugin, but you must have the two rom files (dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin) dumped from you Wii or GC to use them. That does not mean it will work properly, but it is another option to try.

ChrisKal

(01-14-2011, 05:11 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Without knowing the games you're playing, it's known and there is no fix. Try using the LLE plugin, but you must have the two rom files (dsp_coef.bin and dsp_rom.bin) dumped from you Wii or GC to use them. That does not mean it will work properly, but it is another option to try.

The games were Super Mario Galaxy 2 and =Twilight Princess.

And could you explain to me how I would do that?... I'll try looking it up just in case
^That's his way of telling you that this is a known issue with hle and there is no way around it other than using lle (which makes games to slow to be playable).

ChrisKal

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate the help

Though the problem seems to have corrected itself for now...
As long as you are using hle music will come and go due to looping issues.