Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dont claim to be a genious but....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
but its true... i mean, they usually do things half arsed, and instead of finding the root of the problem, explaining how to avoid it in the future to the customer, they just tell them there was a problem, kill the install and go fresh.
I know I know. I happen to be a technician for my college. And I can tell you first hand most of them are idiots that just want to fix basic problems instead of learn more. And a lot of times we do stuff like that because we don't have the time to properly diagnose many systems. This is one of the reasons why I'm currently in the process of getting a bachelor's degree in computer science. That way one day I can be in my workplace surrounded by people who know more about computers than I do, not less (logic circuits, OS components, APIs, etc.).
1. Old PCs that take forever to do virus scanning
2. A rare or hard to solve technical issue

If you run into these issues, then I would go for the reformat and clean install.
Quote:2. A rare or hard to solve technical issue

the challenge is too enticing.
In the real world, time is money.
Quote:the challenge is too enticing.
Sometimes, depends on how annoyed I get and how much time I have.

Quote:In the real world, time is money.
Not when my pay is per hour regardless of how quickly I finish them Tongue.
(01-11-2011, 04:48 AM)Cyris Wrote: [ -> ]wondering if a certain game works let me know and i'll get the game and test it on the current revision of the emulator. a case of too much time on my hands.

Wont it cost much money to get all games if you have many requests?

Also Id like to know if there is a way to speed up "wii create" because i only get 12 fps with a c2d6600@3.4
(01-11-2011, 12:08 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping squall would find this thread.

*Grabs some popcorn*

i more then likely been fixing PCs longer then most of these people on here have been walking lol. j/k been fixing em for 11 years and actually run my own business fixing PCs Wii 360's and PS3s so i dont claim to know everything which is impossible in this business but i know a good deal. far from a hack but need to refine my skills before i get too old and my child to be start to spit up on my keyboard and mouse lmao. about to go to college for computer programming and minor in networking so i'm decent
i also think its better to go with fresh installs rather then just trying to wipe the virus out because i've done that and people wind up catching the exact same virus from a file they open that the virus scan didn't catch since they make new viruses everyday. i copy the entire contents of there HDD to my linux distro wipe the drive and reinstall windows. then load the folder i copied there HDD to and run it in a virtual windows and try to wipe the virus that way because people PCs are too slow somethings to do the virus scan on there system. then copy the contents back and i say this every single time i fix someones PC but people still do it.

1. STAY OFF LIMEWIRE lmao

2. stop falling for those dumb ads that are too good to be true.

3. and stop downloading them rinky dink free games.

I must have made almost a thousand dollars in a month just from PCs with viruses from limewire. i also agree that most other so called PC techs are idiots, no it alls, or pure hacks. people think cuz they can run a windows CD they can fix any PC lmao
Pages: 1 2