Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesent close properly with Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its onle me or Dolphin can not close properly in Windows 7?? (Always hangs and you need to force close)
That happens to me too, as far as I know there is nothing you can do about it. This problem comes and goes, just wait and it will be fixed again. With me it only happens when I try to close/pause/stop when it's running a game, same with you?

This seems to happen less times if you are running the game on fullspeed.
no problem here. using the latest revision.
(01-11-2011, 09:12 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]no problem here. using the latest revision.

don't post then.

There is an issue at times where stopping emulation or exiting hangs the emulator, it seems specific to certain games more than others, so i expect its to do with the emulator behaves while running these games.
I'll take a guess at this issue. I suspect there's a memory leak or something like that, and that's why I too sometimes get a not responding error message.
Developers need more information,

does this occur more in certain games
with certain plugins
certain plugin settings
certain configurations
does it happen more often in DC (Dual core) mode vs DC mode turned off.
(01-11-2011, 04:46 AM)sarriagf Wrote: [ -> ]Its onle me or Dolphin can not close properly in Windows 7?? (Always hangs and you need to force close)
Happening to me too.

(01-11-2011, 11:43 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]Developers need more information,

does this occur more in certain games
with certain plugins
certain plugin settings
certain configurations
does it happen more often in DC (Dual core) mode vs DC mode turned off.

I always have dual core mode and frame skipping on, but the "not responding" error message happen randomly, which i dont' think is a big deal. I mainly use DX9 and DX11 for gfx plug in.
Its a crash/hang issue, so it has as much priority of finding and fixing as perfecting the emulation core.
For devs:

It is not a problem of lack of memory, I have 8gb in a new Touchsmart 600.
My computer:

Intel Core i3
8gb RAM
NVidia GFORCE G200
1 Tb Hard drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

I have maybe 25 games, it happens ALWAYS with all games.
I have tried to stop them, to use ESC, to pause and then stop... no positive Results

..and I use a wide variety of configurations for different games (GB and Wii) so it is not a question of plugins, etc..
Pages: 1 2