Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: get work dolphin on Linux-Debian amd64 Nvidia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dacer

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post. Thanks for your work

I just install from svn on my Linux Debian amd64. I get dophin-emu works, but when try to load ROM, I try with 2 differents, I get this error:

dolphin-emu
14:02:861 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/Common/Src/FileUtil.cpp:98 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on /home/user/.dolphin-emu/Wii/title/00000001/00000002/content:
14:03:147 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/X11Utils.cpp:178 N[Video]: XRRExtension-Version 1.3
14:03:157 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/X11Utils.cpp:220 N[Video]: Fullscreen Resolution 800x600
14:05:904 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/GLUtil.cpp:437 N[Video]: glX-Version 1.2
14:05:905 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Plugins/Plugin_VideoOGL/Src/GLUtil.cpp:459 N[Video]: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
14:05:947 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/Core/Src/Boot/Boot.cpp:165 N[BOOT]: Booting /home/user/Desktop/Wii/RRRTVP.iso
14:05:971 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/Core/Src/HLE/HLE_OS.cpp:52 N[OSREPORT]: 812003d8->81300000|
Apploader Initialized.
14:05:971 /home/user/App/dolphin/svn/dolphin-emu-read-only/Source/Core/Core/Src/HLE/HLE_OS.cpp:52 N[OSREPORT]: 812003f4->81300000| This Apploader built Oct 3 2007 01:12:11 for RVL
The program 'dolphin-emu' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
(Details: serial 30 error_code 3 request_code 137 minor_code 4)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Any Ideas to solve?. I use nvidia propietary driver.

Thanks

dacer

There is not support here? Or not for Linux?
(01-10-2011, 06:54 PM)dacer Wrote: [ -> ]There is not support here? Or not for Linux?

in my experience the dolphin emulator for linux is extremely flawed. it seems like they really dont care about linux support; speficly the openGL support. Just run it in windows, I know you probably just want to run it in linux do to linux using a lot less resources then windows and games will run faster but they simply dont care about the linux support.
Don't believe him Wink The linux version is actually really good. So which graphics driver do you use? Is it the nvidia? If not you should install this one. Also try to enable render to window (probably in that case no second window is created... but this is just a guess)
(01-11-2011, 05:36 AM)Metzelmaennchen Wrote: [ -> ]Don't believe him Wink The linux version is actually really good. So which graphics driver do you use? Is it the nvidia? If not you should install this one. Also try to enable render to window (probably in that case no second window is created... but this is just a guess)

if you getting dolphin to play a game for more then a few seconds before crashing please tell me what settings your usig because i'd really like to play SSMB in ubuntu
Do you want support Wink Then answer the questions and we get in sync... one after another Wink
Which graphics driver are you using, the proprietary or not? Which version of the emulator are u running?
(01-11-2011, 06:24 AM)Metzelmaennchen Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want support Wink Then answer the questions and we get in sync... one after another Wink
Which graphics driver are you using, the proprietary or not? Which version of the emulator are u running?

hold on about to reboot into ubuntu to make sure i know what revision i'm using. 86 that it has been crashing since dolphin 2.0. and i have a ATI card and i'm not using proprietary driver I'm using the 10.12 driver from AMD.com
(01-11-2011, 06:33 AM)Cyris Wrote: [ -> ]hold on about to reboot into ubuntu to make sure i know what revision i'm using. 86 that it has been crashing since dolphin 2.0. and i have a ATI card and i'm not using proprietary driver I'm using the 10.12 driver from AMD.com
don't know what you mean with '86'
Have a look here
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...tuPackages
I would try this ppa
(01-11-2011, 06:41 AM)Metzelmaennchen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2011, 06:33 AM)Cyris Wrote: [ -> ]hold on about to reboot into ubuntu to make sure i know what revision i'm using. 86 that it has been crashing since dolphin 2.0. and i have a ATI card and i'm not using proprietary driver I'm using the 10.12 driver from AMD.com
don't know what you mean with '86'
Have a look here
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wik...tuPackages
I would try this ppa

that version of dolphin wont do anything

dacer

(01-11-2011, 05:36 AM)Metzelmaennchen Wrote: [ -> ]Don't believe him Wink The linux version is actually really good. So which graphics driver do you use? Is it the nvidia? If not you should install this one. Also try to enable render to window (probably in that case no second window is created... but this is just a guess)

I said in first post.

Debian Amd64 Nvidia propietary driver (nvidia geforce 9300GS is a laptop with integrated display)

I tried render to window option and crash too.

Thanks