Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Missing component bthprops.cpl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to get a more recent revision of dolphin (about 1000 revisions newer, lawl), and now I can't start it because this bthprops.cpl is missing. Light googling seems to indicate that this has to do with bluetooth.
So eh... what do I do now?
hmmm, Im too lazy to search now, but if I had just to guess I'd say to try redownloading Dolphin....

EDIT: no, that wont do it, seems like that is an error that appears when the windows xp bluetooth interface fucks itself.
Oh, and By the way Bthprops.cpl is the Bluetooth control panel.
Just install the bluetooth stuff, its a windows feature and can be enabled from Control Panel > Software
Is that for win7? I can't find something like that on xp. I don't have a english xp, but don't see anything that could be it. =/
Windows XP didnt have this feature manager.
Try to reinstall/update your bluetooth drivers, right click on My Computer, click Manage, and then it'll open a window with a list on the left, on this list click on the Device Manager, wich will open a list on the right side. Search for Bluetooth Adapter and right click on it, go properties and on the Drivers tab click Update Driver.
I don't have any such drivers to begin with, so there's nothing to update. :/

Why do I even need bluetooth drivers to start the program anyway? :|
No, there you'll find Windows XP native drivers, every device has a driver, but most of them dont need to be installed, as they are native. Im asking you to try to update this native driver.
you need SP2 minimum for the blue tooth control panel to be present.
I have sp3, but i'm 100% sure that i don't have anything related to bluetooth in the device manager. I'll just stick to my old dolphin rev for now then i guess. =P
Meh. That's weird