Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Can't find plugin"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jnk1296

Hello. While i'm not new to emulation, i am new to dolphin and am having some problems configuring it properly. I am running the stable 2.00 release because the newest compiled build would simply fail to start on my machine. But anyway, i went into the configuration menu, and went to configure the input, and both the menus for Wii and Gamecube were empty! (I read somewhere that you could configure either one for use with a standard keyboard). Then i read that you were supposed to click the wii or gamecube icon on the main window to access those options. So when i click them, i got a warning that reads "Can't find plugin". It would appear that all of the necessary plugins are in the plugins folder, but none of them are being recognized. Now, i've googled this problem for upwards of two hours, and i just want to get this information out....

I have DirectX 11 (installed on December 19, 2010)
AND Microsoft C++ 2008 x64 Redistributable

The above were installed when my operating system was installed...

So does anybody know what my problem is?
you need DirectX 9 also. find it in some ones signature.

jnk1296

Excuse me? Could you please explain this to me? Does this mean that i will have to downgrade direct X?
no you can have both.

the dll's are named different.

jnk1296

oh... OK. I'll go ahead and try that. Is it as simple as downloading and installing, or is it more complicated? excuse my stupidity. XD
nevermind. I'll figure it out. Thanks for helping! :-)
It is as simple as downloading and installing.