Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: RE:0 terrible speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

neonille

Resident evil 1 (remake) runs smoothly and without any kind of problem at all...but RE:0 does NOT (gamecube v)

The main problem is that the speed is awful. Some rooms is fine but then there are places that it takes 100 years for the character to reload!!!

My Dolphin settings:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7972/ggggggggggs.png

My specs:
4 gb ram
intel core i5 2,27 ghz
window 7 64 bit
ati hd 5650

Now the weird thing is that i normally run the latest version of Dolphin....
However just to try, i downloaded the release candidate 2.0
And now...the games runs really well, except for the sound!!
(re0 sound hack dos not work)

Somebody know what is going on??
Changing the resolution does NOT help...even if i run at 640*480
And no my processor-use when i play is not at 100 %
its more like 50-60 %
Try r6551
the speed in re0 is always below 80% for me. i have a phenom 2 945 3.0ghz, 4g ddr3, gts250. in dolphin 2.0 x64 and newer builds too.
I get full speed with the later builds that include that "accurate vBeam emulation" thing. The problem in this game with that option enabled however, is that whenever you go through a door or when cutscenes happen the game stops (goes to 0 fps) for a few seconds.

I have a way slower PC than you, so this problem may not occur for you.
For me speed is normal but when I load saved state, speed drops to 18 fps. On older Dolphin versions game runs smoothly on DX-9 or DX-11 with HQ settings but on the version 3.0-765 it's unplayable.
(i7 3612QM 2.1 up to 3.1 GHz; 8Gb RAM DDR3-1600 MHz; Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia GT 630M)
Why would you respond to this ancient thread 0_o
(09-07-2012, 09:34 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you respond to this ancient thread 0_o

Why would you respond to his response to this ancient is even more puzzling 0_o

On a more serious note to everyone, any more of these "why did you post in old thread" comments will earn you off-topic warnings (that is, if that's the only thing you bother to post). Necroposting isn't a terribly huge issue (old threads get pushed back down pretty quickly anyway) but useless comments are.

Side-note: This isn't aimed specifically at you Axxer, I've seen it from lots of others (you know who you are Wink) Just a heads-up for everyone.

(09-07-2012, 09:20 AM)Squall Wrote: [ -> ]For me speed is normal but when I load saved state, speed drops to 18 fps.

Try to avoid savestates. They are sources of various issues or crashes

(09-07-2012, 09:20 AM)Squall Wrote: [ -> ]On older Dolphin versions game runs smoothly on DX-9 or DX-11 with HQ settings but on the version 3.0-765 it's unplayable.

Recent builds tend to be slower. Dolphin 3.0 is just fine for this game
First of all sorry for touching old thread! I wanted to start new one but when I started to write tittle, it showed this and I didn't check the date.
Since I bought my laptop only week ago, I'm only now testing Dolphin on it. Version 3.0 works perfect if I check "Skip EFB access from CPU " on DX-9, DX-11 and OpenGL and there is no problems with loading states.
Also I use emulators on PC be cause of it's future to save/load states.

After I'll complete Resident Evil: Zero, Compatibility result will be in the Compatibility list.

Please close the thread!