Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dear bugmenot users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear Bugmenot users, please create your own accounts if you want to continue posting on this forum.

Bugmenot can be used as a tool to evade bans and circumvent registration by spammers and trolls, warez kiddies etc.. Bugmenot also violates one account per person rule, that no more than one person may use the account.
Lol, I never saw Bugmenot users here. Smile
They are creatures of the night :p
Hint, the bugmenot user/account here is likely used by several users, and other bugmenot accounts albeit differently named might exist. Bugmenot is a "service" that allows those to bypass registration and post, can even be used by spammers, trolls and ban evaders. I would verify that the bugmenot account here is indeed in use by several users before taking action, viewing the amount of differing ip addresses that were used to log in to the account should be sufficient enough evidence.

Thankfully sites can be blacklisted from using the bugmenot service by following directions given on the bugmenot website, it involves the server admin creating and uploading an html file with a code to their site root for verification purposes:

http://www.bugmenot.com/report.php

Keep in mind there are likely alternatives to bypass registration, that don't allow the ability for web admins to blacklist. The admin would have to seek a list of sites and services, manually blacklist the accounts, site/service and ip from where the accounts originated.

considering i logged into the bugmenot account and disabled it using the account details on the bugmenot site Tongue
Oh, well in that case proceed. Big Grin

:Edit: You do know that they'll just create another unless an admin here blacklists the site from Bugmenot?
yeah, but we need an admin with server access to complete the bugmenot blacklisting.
irc time? Contact mamario.
hi, i'm one of the former bugmenot-users. i use it a lot for websites i don't visit much. sometimes it's just one question ore even for viewing attached images. it's not good to register for thousansd of websites.
...just wanted to say not all of them are spammers etc (me included, of course Wink ). i would even say, the majority uses this service in a good way, based on what i saw in forums used by other bugmenot-users before my visit. if i use a website more frequently, i register, like here.

thats no arguing, i can understand the wish for blacklisting Wink

regards
I always create an account at every forum I register at, if I do not wish to have my personal email displayed I usually use a disposable address. From what I understand the purpose of bugmenot is to bypass compulsory registration, such as where the admin has made all content inaccessible or un-viewable without registering an account.
(01-09-2011, 08:00 PM)Pio Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i'm one of the former bugmenot-users. i use it a lot for websites i don't visit much. sometimes it's just one question ore even for viewing attached images. it's not good to register for thousansd of websites.
...just wanted to say not all of them are spammers etc (me included, of course Wink ). i would even say, the majority uses this service in a good way, based on what i saw in forums used by other bugmenot-users before my visit. if i use a website more frequently, i register, like here.

thats no arguing, i can understand the wish for blacklisting Wink

regards

unfortunately, it only takes one to ruin the service.

Pages: 1 2 3