Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: If you haven't gotten it by now, download RivaTuner/D3DOverrider!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

saltboy

Huge thanks to the authors for this awesome emulator.

For the longest time, I've been having problems with occasional slowdowns in the graphics. No matter how many settings I put in and changed, the slowdown still occurred. Until now.

I just barely discovered the concept behind triple-buffering, something I *should* have discovered a LONG TIME AGO.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend reading the post from this link:

http://www.gamecritics.com/triple-buffer...e-for-free

and then download Rivatuner if you haven't yet. Once I activated D3DOverrider, the framerate problem I was having went away. I'm now getting 60 fps in just about every game without any glitches/hitches/hiccups. It's awesome!!

<-- Doing the happy dance. Big Grin

Right click in windows,

click nvidia control panel

goto 3d settings tab -click on manage 3d settings

click program settings tab

use browse function to find dolphin exe

use the right bar and scroll down

Click triple buffering

change from off to on
Just curious Saltboy, what are your PC specifications?
oh god, I AM NOT explaining why the articles claiming Triplebuffering reduces input lag are flawed and based on faulty information again.

only bother with this if you want additional input lag, you will ALWAYS GET MORE input lag by enabling triplebuffering on Direct3D.

(01-07-2011, 05:27 AM)mfuhreck Wrote: [ -> ]Right click in windows,

Click triple buffering

change from off to on

only valid for the opengl plugin.

saltboy

(01-07-2011, 05:30 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]oh god, I AM NOT explaining why the articles claiming Triplebuffering reduces input lag are flawed and based on faulty information again.

only bother with this if you want additional input lag, you will ALWAYS GET MORE input lag by enabling triplebuffering on Direct3D.

(01-07-2011, 05:27 AM)mfuhreck Wrote: [ -> ]Right click in windows,

Click triple buffering

change from off to on

only valid for the opengl plugin.

I don't notice any input lag myself, but yes, in theory, it should happen.

My specs:

Q9550 @ 2.83 ghz
Radeon 4890

SMB Wii and SSBB are perfect framerate wise. SMBGalaxy has a few slowdowns, as well as Kirby's Epic Yarn, but they're not too distracting.

anything else you wanna know? Smile