Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could hi-res textures be made independent of the safe cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

djh_

By which I mean:

I often use the hi-res textures feature to remove elements of the HUD or game world that interfere with taking decent screenshots. Take Okami, for instance, where things like fire effects and character portraits refuse to stay put when you use the free camera hack. Normally, I'd just make those textures disappear.

The problem is that in this particular instance, to achieve a 100% accurate image without ghosting, etc, I have to use the OpenGL plugin with the accurate texture cache turned off. As soon as I do that, though, the hashes of the textures start changing whenever the game loads a new area, so the patched textures don't hold. This doesn't happen with the texture cache enabled.

So, is it possible to use hi-res textures without the texture cache? I noticed someone mentioned similar in a recent bug report, but they probably have the option of at least switching graphics plugins or toggling the cache. I have neither.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.