Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Heavy Drop During Game Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, and Nice forum..

I have been experiencing a tech issue where it appears that the games that are In-Game Music and Talking such as, (NFS Underground, Madden Footballs, NbA live etc.), the FPS drops dramatically down anywhere from 6 FPS to 20+ FPS.

I have tweaked as much as possible on all these type games but the frame rates still decline poorly. This is also with the Speed hacks and Video Plug tweaking.

I am using an i7 860 4gb ram with ATI 5700 HD.

I guess I basically want to ask if there are any special settings for helping improve game speed (or FPS) for In-Game play, or is this issue being addressed with future updates?

I have also tried the individual game settings with In-Game selected and other tests As well as increase the FPS anywhere from 65 - 100 FPS.

Thanks for any help on this.

hotwire
(01-06-2011, 03:53 PM)hotwire Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, and Nice forum..

I have been experiencing a tech issue where it appears that the games that are In-Game Music and Talking such as, (NFS Underground, Madden Footballs, NbA live etc.), the FPS drops dramatically down anywhere from 6 FPS to 20+ FPS.

I have tweaked as much as possible on all these type games but the frame rates still decline poorly. This is also with the Speed hacks and Video Plug tweaking.

I am using an i7 860 4gb ram with ATI 5700 HD.

I guess I basically want to ask if there are any special settings for helping improve game speed (or FPS) for In-Game play, or is this issue being addressed with future updates?

I have also tried the individual game settings with In-Game selected and other tests As well as increase the FPS anywhere from 65 - 100 FPS.

Thanks for any help on this.

hotwire

BEFORE HELP YOU WE NEED INFORMATION WHICH REVISION YOU USE AND WHICH SETTING YOU USE many chance is the revison dev work on fifo and that cause slowdown take a older version 6515 or less a think
Hi jontcold, My bad.. yeah I forgot to mention the version and other emu settings.. I am using the release of 010511, I believe 6758. The settings on the emu I have used are various. I will however try some of the older releases and see how that behaves..

Thx for the info.
What are your specific graphics settings?