Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: real wiimotes connect but dont function in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i connect the wiimotes as shown in multiple guides here and across the net and the driver installs and dolphin rocpgnizes them and syncs them as first and second player. Unfortunately despite all this, when i start a game the wiimotes are both getting no response in the game. Ive tested this woth two different bluetooth devices and woth multiple games and i have no idea what the problem is.

Im running windows 7 x64 and the drivers for my devices use widcomm. And for the record i did already set the controller setting to use real wiimotes.

(to the guy who keeps showing the button configurations screenshot and asking why he cant get all those buttons set correctly - that button you pushed to get to that screenshot said emulated wiimote above it. It not for real wiimotes.)
Apparently the problem was with the wiimotes. I was using third party wiimotes (afterglow and nyko) with every stack in the book. After i switched to real nintendo wiimotes the problem wwnt away and everyrhing works perfectly with the standard microsoft stack.
I have the same problem. My Wiimote is a real one (not third party) and black which means it's new.

Using Windows Drivers and Stack (Windows 7 64bit and 32bit):
Wiimote connects to Windows every time, first time. I "pair without using a code" and the wiimote lights flash constantly.

I open dolphin, go to wiimote plugin and click refresh. The wiimote is recognised, rumbles and player 1 light is set to on.

I open a ROM but dolphin just shows "Connecting..." in the status bar. Even if it manages to say "Wiimote connected", none of the buttons or motions register in any game.

Real Wiimote is selected in the settings, Alt F5 does not force a connection, and I have connected the Wiimote via the Pair button in the Wiimote plugin too, nothing will make it function in games.

Using Bluesoleil drivers and stack:
Bluesoleil and Dolphin worked together twice, no more.

Sometimes Bluesoleil cannot connect to the wiimote, sometimes when it is connected Dolphin will not recognise it when I click refresh. Sometimes dolphin will recognise the wiimote but buttons and motions do not work in game.

Bluesoleil is also crap software so I'm un-installing it and asking for a refund.

The most frustrating part is wiinmote (http://onakasuita.org/wii/index-e.html) works perfectly and recognises all button presses and motion, even when using the Microsoft stack.

I was thinking of buying this Bluetooth adapter before I give up:
Asus USB-BT21 Mini Bluetooth v2.0+EDR

It's on the list of compatible devices: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_...th_Devices

Anyone use this in Windows 7 64bit?
Are you using the latest revision here:

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html?list=1

The latest revision has some extra code that makes it more compatible with a wider range of wiimotes exhibiting the same symptoms as what you have described.
(01-11-2011, 09:09 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the latest revision here:

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html?list=1

The latest revision has some extra code that makes it more compatible with a wider range of wiimotes exhibiting the same symptoms as what you have described.

Tried using r6818 and Windows BT stack, same thing. Says "Connecting..." endlessly in the status bar of Dolphin when a game is running.

I'll buy the adapter I mentioned above and see what happens.
1) Download the last revision of dolphin 6739 or superior.
2) Read Bluesoleil alternative

Happy new year
(01-12-2011, 01:09 PM)meforero Wrote: [ -> ]1) Download the last revision of dolphin 6739 or superior.
2) Read Bluesoleil alternative

Happy new year

Brilliant thanks.

The Toshiba stack and software work flawlessly with Dolphin.

Unfortunately I have already paid for a new bluetooth adapter. Sad
I dont understand to you... toshiba blue tooth software is driver for work with all bluetooth devices. wich is the problem ???
(01-13-2011, 06:59 AM)meforero Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand to you... toshiba blue tooth software is driver for work with all bluetooth devices. wich is the problem ???

I'm saying it works for my current bluetooth device, but before I saw your post I placed an order for an ASUS adapter.