Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Sensor Bar and the wii cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do I neet a Wii sensor bar to get the wii-cursor (hand), that is needed is much games ?

For example: mario party 8 or .. wii sports resort ?
Because I do not get any cursor... because auf the missing sensor bar ?
When i begin play wiidolphin ... surprise ... the sensor bar is required (not is optional as say in here site)... a friend that study electronic make me a sensor bar by only u$5.
I used two candles! It worked well Big Grin
It is optional, just required if you want the cursor, and as Pablosblog said two candles, two infrared LEDs, a Wireless sensor bar or whatever can be used.

MooGoesWii

The "senor" bar is not really a sensor at all.... All it is is a pair ir leds... The purpose of the cable leading from the senor bar to the wii is simply to supply these leds with power Wink The wii controller itself contains the ir detector. So only you need in order to use a wiimote with dolphin is two sources of ir. They can be a candle, a set of ir leds or a wireless wii "sensor" bar... You have options... I've tried them all and they all work quite nicely..... Wink