Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sandy bridge cpu's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
too early to say what they will bring for dolphin ?
or with this new core , do you coders have to start all over again ?
Too early to say. Sandy Bridge has potential to speed up the graphics emulation if anything.
I've seen the reviews for Sandy Bridge and they looks very promising to say the least.

More instruction-per-clock, better cache, more efficient cpu architecture, built-in IGP is capable of gaming at HD 5450 performance level, and more. Basically, you get the high-end performance level of the LGA 1366 for a fraction of the price, but I can't say the same for the LGA 1155 motherboards.
at the same clocks the 980X still performs better.
6 core vs 4 core.
6 cores means nothing to Dolphin. Better single threaded performance will benefit emulation.
Quote:at the same clocks the 980X still performs better.

In just multithreaded applications or single threaded as well?
(01-06-2011, 08:39 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:at the same clocks the 980X still performs better.

In just multithreaded applications or single threaded as well?

both, and it seems 2011 will see some more 1366 processors yet.
it seems to me that dolphin wants raw power. the only thing i have ever seen benefit dolphin is simply clock speed. my friend bought a new i7 and my oced phenom 965 blows the doors off of his dolphin speeds.
That is for the state of Dolphin right now, the needed specs will go down as time goes on in my opinion. I'm not saying you will be able to play Mario Galaxy on a single core cpu, but the specs will go down slightly with time.
Pages: 1 2 3