Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Proper Help with Configuring GamePad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Underling

Wow, this forum must be a forum where only members help each other and not the actual people that really know the program inside-out.

I was asking for proper button configurations for a PS3 like game pad, as long as Dolphin this has been out, I would have figured they would have had a key map for the buttons were for different game pads rather than rely on members of the forum to do the research.

I first and foremost want a sticky in the New-B-Section to point directly to helping members with various game pads and usb/keyboard/mouse configurations....it is a must have or you will continually get posts just like this one.....help for a game pad issue.
Noone can tell you how to configure your special pad to be best working for you. What do you expect?

Should a dev now google for a picture of your pad and think of what would be best in your case? Im not getting it.

If your pad is detected by windows you can easily map the keys however you want. If you dont have a real wiimote you will have to live with it that some configs are not perfect for a pad.

Sorry man but its the least thing you should be able to figure out to use this emulator. Its a free open source project and not even finished yet - if you had paid like 60 bucks for it you might be able to complain about support or whatever.

Also i helped you in your other thread if you cant find/read here is a picture: http://tinycoke.com/image/6r3ruVfruTtRg.jpeg
Are you the same guy complaining about the controller before?

Look. For sideways remote games, my controller config is completely different from pointing games - and then add in nunchuck games and it changes again. What the shake movement does also changes what button I assign that too. There are a lot of variables - do I need to use the pointing ability, for example.

There is no "set" config. Past that, there are many games that only use the D-Pad and 1 and 2, so setting your gamepad is not difficult with only four things to set. Experiment. It's very easy.