Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker runs really slow, do my computer suck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hoff123

Hello! This is my first post.

I tried to run Zelda Wind Waker for gamecube on the dolphin emulator and it runs really slow. I changed to directx9 and changed everything to make it run as good as possible, but it still runs really slow. Everything runs really slow, even the sound. It's no real lag it is just very slow.

I checked the requirements and my computer pass that.
But I don't exactly have the best computer in the world(lol).

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250
RAM: 1X2GB DDR3 Kingston ValueRAM
Graphics: AMD 760G(Integrated Radeon HD 3000)
Motherboard: Asus M4A78LT-M LE

I know that my graphics card suck but shouldn't it work, or should i upgrade to a "REAL" graphics card, in that case I was thinking about radeon hd 5670?
(01-04-2011, 04:40 AM)Hoff123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! This is my first post.

I tried to run Zelda Wind Waker for gamecube on the dolphin emulator and it runs really slow. I changed to directx9 and changed everything to make it run as good as possible, but it still runs really slow. Everything runs really slow, even the sound. It's no real lag it is just very slow.

Here are my specs:

I know that my graphics card suck but shouldn't it work, or should i upgrade to a "REAL" graphics card, in that case I was thinking about radeon hd 5670?

Your cpu ain't that bad which practically means that the whole slowdown is probably due to your graphic card and it's settings. First try one of my builds in the sig using the default settings. If that doesn't help, try lowering the efb scale setting first to the value of 1 or even lower. If by doing that your fps go up by a lot, that means you definitely need a new decent graphic card to play with good quality graphics or compromise and use a low efb scale (low internal resolution basically).
Try dolphin 2.0 before going out an buying a video card. If that fails then yes, buy a 5670.

Hoff123

(01-04-2011, 07:50 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2011, 04:40 AM)Hoff123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! This is my first post.

Here are my specs:

Your cpu ain't that bad which practically means that the whole slowdown is probably due to your graphic card and it's settings. First try one of my builds in the sig using the default settings. If that doesn't help, try lowering the efb scale setting first to the value of 1 or even lower. If by doing that your fps go up by a lot, that means you definitely need a new decent graphic card to play with good quality graphics or compromise and use a low efb scale (low internal resolution basically).

Then I definitely need a new graphics card. I knew it!
I tried 1x and even the lowest I could go(0.375x) and then it ran at between 90 and 100%.

Then I tried to run it at 3x and it ran at about 30 to 40%. So I will try to get a new graphics card.