Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to get a almost fully working wii menu on dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone,

There are much Threads to get a wii os on Dolphin.
But Doesn't tell what you exactly need to do.
In this guide i gonna tell what you need too do do get a almost fully working WII OS on Dolphiin.

Step 1 : Download a version of NUSD Downloader the latest version is 15a Beta Just google too get it.

Step 2 : Open NUSD and click on the button (Extras) and then on Retrieve common key.
Now you can start Downloading,

Step 3 : Make shure you pressed the box Pack -> WAD,
Then press the button Database too select the file you want too Download.

Step 4 : Now you have two options to get you're files.

Option 1

Click on the button Extra's and then on the emulate Wii System Update and the country version you want usa or pal.
Then the Script is made and you can find it in the folder Scripts in the root of the nusd folder.
Then go to the button Extra's and then the option run NUS Script.
Then Select the script and everything wil be downloaded.
Only there is one thing you get from everything the newest version also from the system menu some people just want too have the old system menu they need to download it manual from the button Database / System / System Menu / Then the firmware they want.

Option 2

In option 2 everything would be downloaded manual.
You can download everything with button Database select a file you want to download and then Start NUS Download
with this option you know for yourself which version every IOS, Sytem menu, boot2, MIOS, BC, EULA or other channels have.

These file you need to get a almost fully working System menu in dolphin.

System menu - No mather which version you want.

IOS

IOS4 - system IOS for the Prelaunch System.
IOS9 - System IoS for launch titles like Zelda.
IOS10 - System IOS Useless but you need it.
IOS11 - Used only by System Menu 2.0 and 2.1 but you need it.
IOS12 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS13 - System IOS to launch Photo channel, News Channel, Weather Channel.
IOS14 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS15 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS16 - system IOS for Official Nintendo Backup disk.
IOS17 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS20 - Used only by System Menu 2.2 but you need it.
IOS21 - system IOS for launch few game titles.
IOS22 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS28 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS30 - Used only by System Menu 3.0 but you need it.
IOS31 - System IOS to launch Mii, News, Everyone Votes.
IOS33 - System IOS to launch some vc and wiiware titles
IOS34 - system IOS Nobody knows what it does but you need it.
IOS35 - system IOS to launch Super Mario Galaxy and Also used as the primary IOS for many forwarders.
IOS36 - system IOS to launch SSBB, MarioKart Wii.
IOS37 - system IOS Used mostly by music games (Guitar Hero).
IOS38 - system IOS Used by some modern titles (Animal Crossing.
IOS40 - system IOS for Korean 3.3 but you need it.
IOS41 - Korean IOS. Operation unknown. Now included for all regions with 4.3 update. but you need it
IOS43 - Korean IOS. Operation unknown. Now included for all regions with 4.3 update. but you need it
IOS45 - Korean IOS. Operation unknown. Now included for all regions with 4.3 update. but you need it
IOS46 - sytem IOS to launch Korean version of "Need for Speed: Undercover" and "Shin Chuukadaisen." Now included for all regions with 4.3 update. but you need it
IOS48 - system IOS Used by the Korean version of "Animal Crossing: City Folk." Now included for all regions with 4.3 update.
IOS50 - Used only by System Menu 3.4 but you need it.
IOS51 - Used only by Shop Channel 3.4. but you need it.
IOS52 - system IOS for Korean 3.5 system menu but you need it.
IOS53 - Used by some modern games and channels.
IOS55 - Used by some modern games and channels.
IOS56 - Used by Wii Shopping Channel v20 (IOS56 v56xx required) and Wii Speak Channel 2.0.
IOS57 - Used by some USB peripherals.
IOS58 - Used by the Wii Camera (v5918). v6176 adds USB2 functionality with HBC 1.0.8
IOS60 - Used by System Menu 4.0 and 4.1.
IOS61 - Used by Photo Channel v1.1 and older versions of Shop Channel.
IOS70 - Used by System Menu 4.2.
IOS80 - Used by System Menu 4.3.

Gamecube IOS

BC - BC plays a role in Gamecube functions. Removal or corruption will result in no GC support.
MIOS - MIOS is a special version of IOS that runs when the Wii enters GC mode. Same MIOS is used for all GC games & software.

Others

EULA - Reconize with type wii system menu you have pal, usa, jap
Region Select - Reconize with type wii system menu you have pal, usa, jap
Boot2 - to boot wii system menu or boot mii

And the channels you want.

Then start dolphin then go to Tools and press the option Install wii System menu, select the system menu.wad from the NUS Downloader.
The Other wads you need to place them in the iso folder that you selected in Dolphin

Have a nice day
this confuses me. why would you need the wii menu? the only thing i can think of would be to use wii online features which i dont think we can do with dolphin in any case.
It's part of the emulation thing. It does not have to be useful, the devs dont choose what games they want to emulate better, they work for a better emulator generally. Think of the wii menu as just another game, people may not like it, but making it work is part of it. And a lot of people like to play around with it Wink
MADCreations: Why do you suggest installing the ios files?
can you provide any verifiable reason for installing them
(dolphin does not load the arm binaries for various ios' it is all done with HLE)

-edit-
:facepalm:
MADCreations instructions only use the sys menu wad file
the ios and other wads he suggest to download do nothing as he says to just have the folder they are in be included in the gamelist
SadSadSad

this is just going to waste anyones time if they follow what you suggest
only the system menu.wad file is used by your tutorial so that is all you should recommend to download
He recommends unusual things as a kind of hobby =)

Metalmaniaultimative

(01-03-2011, 12:40 AM)MADCreations Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

In this guide i gonna tell what you need too do do get a almost fully working WII OS on Dolphiin.

Step 1 : Download a version of NUSD Downloader the latest version is 15a Beta Just google too get it.

Step 2 : Open NUSD and click on the button (Extras) and then on Retrieve common key.

I don't have this f**king option the retrieve common key
nothin like that

help please
You can get a menu wad from a wii game, just right click in Dolphin > properties > view file system. Partition 0 have updates/channels

Metalmaniaultimative

(02-21-2011, 12:16 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You can get a menu wad from a wii game, just right click in Dolphin > properties > view file system. Partition 0 have updates/channels

thanks but i dont really know how to deal with this because my sys menu doesnt load
only black screen with 0 fps

Metalmaniaultimative

and it bugs when i want to make a system update Sad
(02-20-2011, 07:49 AM)Metalmaniaultimative Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2011, 12:40 AM)MADCreations Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I don't have this f**king option the retrieve common key
nothin like that

help please

Same here.
I cant even find version 15a on google-.-
Pages: 1 2 3 4