Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin OpenGL black screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a problem when trying to play gamecube iso's in Dolphin. If i select the OpenGL plugin for graphics, it just loads a black screen when I begin emulation, with only audio. The games i am trying to run are Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Melee. My graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce Fx 5200, updated to the latest drivers. In the Nvidia Control Panel, OpenGl extensions limit is Disabled. I am updated to the latest DirectX aswell. I am running Windows Xp Service pack 3, 32-bit. I am running Dolphin SVN R6706. I can run the games using the Direct3D plugin, but it is unbearably slow, about %10 speed in game.

I have been searching around for days and all other suggestions have failed, thanks in advance for any help.
Use the driver from the gpu Vendor (Ati, Nvidia,Intel).
The direct3d9 plugin is faster for most games. Even if you get the opengl plugin working your video card is insufficient for dolphin and for all I know your cpu might be as well. Therefore you still won't be able to achieve playable speed. I'm pretty sure you need a geforce 6 series or higher to properly use the opengl plugin.
(01-02-2011, 02:01 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]The direct3d9 plugin is faster for most games. Even if you get the opengl plugin working your video card is insufficient for dolphin and for all I know your cpu might be as well. Therefore you still won't be able to achieve playable speed. I'm pretty sure you need a geforce 6 series or higher to properly use the opengl plugin.

I have a HD Radeon 6770 and a AMD Phenom II 965 BE @3.4GHz. Only Dx11 works and I get a black screen on both plugins. I'd really like some help here.